Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
224 Posts
My advice is to open a buyback case. Even though you like the car and will keep it when it is repaired. You should be offered a cash settlement at the end of the case when they propose to buy back the car or pay you cash to keep it. It is well worth a could of phone calls and sending your documents in.
Hyundai didn't give me an option to keep the car. Usually, a lemon law lawyer can help with that, but they won't do much if you already have a buyback offer. Reach out to one of them first.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We're all in different states, so different guidelines apply. In my case, they fixed the AC and we still have the Ioniq 5. If failed so early (2.5 months) and took so long (6 weeks) in the shop that a buyback case was approved. I'm in Texas.

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
224 Posts
We're all in different states, so different guidelines apply. In my case, they fixed the AC and we still have the Ioniq 5. If failed so early (2.5 months) and took so long (6 weeks) in the shop that a buyback case was approved. I'm in Texas.
Yeah, but you're missing the part where our cars are at the dealer, still waiting for parts to be fixed. Hyundai will take a long time to get your buyback completed, so as a person that is currenty going through this, I'm offering advice on what I should have done first. Once you contact Hyundai and start talking to them, it changes your options.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, but you're missing the part where our cars are at the dealer, still waiting for parts to be fixed. Hyundai will take a long time to get your buyback completed, so as a person that is currenty going through this, I'm offering advice on what I should have done first. Once you contact Hyundai and start talking to them, it changes your options.
I agree. The consultation first is worthwhile. No one knows how long a repair will take. I opened the buyback case before the vehicle was fixed but after it was in the shop 30 days. The third repair attempt was successful fortunately, because we wanted to keep the vehicle.

Hyundai doesn't want to go to court or to have a record of too many buybacks. I've found they will offer what they have to in accordance with lemon law guidelines. I didn't want a lawyer to avoid dealing with legal fees. It would have been easier though.

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
224 Posts
Let us all know after your appointment
Just finished. It was really quick - she just inspected the car and already had the check before the appointment was set up, so it was ready to go. Just signed some DMV paperwork and a few other things and that was it. The waiting period to get to this point was the worst part, but at least it's over with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hyundai came and collected my vehicle and I exited my lease agreement (Octopus) without penalty.

It will be missed but 8 months without heating and AC is beyond unacceptable.

I’ll never own another Hyundai. Shockingly poor service from every department.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just over 1100k's on my australian sold i5. The first hot day(around 35c) and all the air con did was blow warm air around.
On a normal 25 deg day, i have to have the setting on coldest 17c, to get any sort of cool... There is obviously a problem.
Not sure if i should let it keep going or take it back for fix... any thoughts? thanks.

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
224 Posts
I have just over 1100k's on my australian sold i5. The first hot day(around 35c) and all the air con did was blow warm air around.
On a normal 25 deg day, i have to have the setting on coldest 17c, to get any sort of cool... There is obviously a problem.
Not sure if i should let it keep going or take it back for fix... any thoughts? thanks.
Take it back ASAP. Better earlier in case there are issues that take long to fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the exact same problem. My SE AWD has been in the shop for a month. No estimate when inverter will arrive to fix it. They did not approve a buyback but offered 500 dollars. I would feel better if I had an idea when the part will arrive. I love the car and hope a fix will happen soon. Concerned a bit w Hyundai’s response. It is disappointing to have this issue. Another customer had same issue and they got a buyback and replacement. I’m concerned this will happen again and prefer to replace the car. We shall see…. I wish Hyundai cared more for their customers and prioritized existing customers. Maybe they will but so far they have not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive been waiting for Hyundai to fix my dead A/C for 5 weeks now - and only after serious hassling & complaining (Hyundai Customer Care in particular) they have promised that the necessary compressor will arrive by end of next week (18 Mar). It took them 3 wks to figure out where the problem was.....Its all too new for them. Apparently the I5 has to have a very special gas and dedicated re-gas machine for the A/C system. Austin: If your Service Dept cant figure it out, tell them to call Alto Hyundai Artarmon (Sydney). Did yours make "frog" noises at times.....particularly just before it died?
Mine just failed too. Yes, throbbing sounds before death. Sounded like deep bass synth sweep in the sub speaker!

121 - 132 of 132 Posts