Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Shooting Star Limited I5
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to research new aftermarket 20" wheels, maybe even 19". But for 20", aftermarket wheel offsets (without customization) seem to be way too aggressive. I measured my 20" tires (not wheels) to fender, and the front has about 3-4mm available to go out before poking out too much, and the rear had about 7-8mm.

Please post your aftermarket wheel setups and tire/wheel size. 17" or 18" wheels also welcome!

19": Tire 235/55R19 Wheel 7.5Jx19 ET49.5
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

20": Tire 255/45R20 Wheel 8.5Jx20 ET54.5
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
Shooting Star Limited I5
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Seems like EV6 and GV60 wheels are same size and offsets as I5, so would fit. Here are two GV60 wheels, 20" and 21". I like the 21" design, but wonder the loss of performance/efficiency. The Limited 20" wheels are starting to grow on me though.

255/45R20 8.5Jx20 ET54.5
255/40R21 8.5Jx21 ET54.5

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
4 Posts
Corrected thank you. Yes they are TSW. They were on my 21 Tucson I sold to get I5. No tinting yet. Only mods are wheels, badge covers front and back and Ioniq 5 off the back.
Font Gas Plant Rectangle Box

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone change to OEM 20'' wheels?
What did you bought, technically speaking?

I'm hesitating to buy the wheels I like beacause the offset isn't the same:
Wheel Diameter -- 20 in.
Wheel Width -- 8.5
Offset -- 40

·
Registered
Shooting Star Limited I5
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Wheel Diameter -- 20 in.
Wheel Width -- 8.5
Offset -- 40
Relating to the Genesis GV60 wheels I posted earlier, the wheel offset website wheel-size.com isn’t accurate, Korean sites show them with et43.5 offset, so there goes that.

Which wheels are you looking at? With that offset, it will stick out 14.5mm. Depending if you are ok with the look, also if any issues with rubbing, would need to go to narrower tire probably 245’s.

·
Registered
Shooting Star Limited I5
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Wheel Diameter -- 20 in.
Wheel Width -- 8.5
Offset -- 40
It should be almost the same as rwilson’s setup up top, except 20” wheels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Trying to research new aftermarket 20" wheels, maybe even 19". But for 20", aftermarket wheel offsets (without customization) seem to be way too aggressive. I measured my 20" tires (not wheels) to fender, and the front has about 3-4mm available to go out before poking out too much, and the rear had about 7-8mm.

Please post your aftermarket wheel setups and tire/wheel size. 17" or 18" wheels also welcome!

19": Tire 235/55R19 Wheel 7.5Jx19 ET49.5
View attachment 39947

20": Tire 255/45R20 Wheel 8.5Jx20 ET54.5
View attachment 39946
Thanks for your answers! I appreciate.

I'm lookingat the Rotiform BLQ.
Offset is actually at 35.

When you say that you measured the fender space and there's 3-4mm before poking out too much do you mean visually the'll poke out or that the tires will touch the fender?

I'm ok for the wheels to look a bit ''outside'', I actually think it'll look nice. But, as I don't have the car yet, I want to make sure that the tires wont rub on fenders...

Thanks again!
Martin

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Preferred Long Range AWD
57 Posts
Thanks for your answers! I appreciate.

I'm lookingat the Rotiform BLQ.
Offset is actually at 35.

When you say that you measured the fender space and there's 3-4mm before poking out too much do you mean visually the'll poke out or that the tires will touch the fender?

I'm ok for the wheels to look a bit ''outside'', I actually think it'll look nice. But, as I don't have the car yet, I want to make sure that the tires wont rub on fenders...

Thanks again!
Martin
Love those wheels. Please share pictures when it's actually mounted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unless the car was lowered, it wouldn't look right in my opinion. A little poke is usually ok, but this car sits pretty high from the top of the tire. I think Eibach has lowering springs, but I'm going to wait to see what the N I5 uses (assuming they lower the car a tad). I'm coming from a lowered civic, and I'm not ready to have to deal with hitting driveways at sharp angles with a super lower EV.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Unless the car was lowered, it wouldn't look right in my opinion. A little poke is usually ok, but this car sits pretty high from the top of the tire. I think Eibach has lowering springs, but I'm going to wait to see what the N I5 uses (assuming they lower the car a tad). I'm coming from a lowered civic, and I'm not ready to have to deal with hitting driveways at sharp angles with a super lower EV.
Ok but I mean, look aside, would it be problematic, do you thing the tires could to the fender when, let’s say, passing over a speed bump?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts