Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the wind sheild replaced be cause of a crack. Now with the new wind shield the fan run mostly on high rews and air is directed to the wind shield. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Possibly the sensitivity of the automatic defog system or ADS was changed which is now activating air conditioning and directing air at the windshield. You can turn ADS off by pressing and holding the front defrost button for three seconds.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I had the wind sheild replaced be cause of a crack. Now with the new wind shield the fan run mostly on high rews and air is directed to the wind shield. Any ideas?
Try turning ADS off first. If the problem gone then it is the sensor.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright thanks! Maybe I'll settle for that for now, to turn it off. It seems to work fine some times. Too early to tell about behaviour patterns.The sensor looks intact under the plastic cover. Annoying when you get something new, inconsistent, to repair after a repair. Maybe I would be able to replace the sensor myself.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Make sure the problem go away after you turned the ADS off. If the problem still exists then it is nothing to do with the sensor.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Check that they plugged in the wire to the sensor. After my car came back from a windscreen repair that connector was loose. However, I've always found the ADS function on my IONIQ pretty useless. It comes on at weird times when not needed and doesn't come on when my window is misted. I have it turn off.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plug is ok and the hvac runs normally when the autodefog is turned off. Today I noticed that the lane keep assist is out of order too. I have to call the glass company that replaced the wind shield. One would think problems like this would not accur at a company that is qualifed by the insurance company.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you mean an alignment has to be done by default if the wind screen is replaced?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The rain sensor works, rear view mirror has a green light, could not see any reaction when I covered what I think is the sensor.But it was daylight, maybe not noticeable then. The lane keep assist lights up gray, but doesn't get green, eventhough they road has good lines.

·
Super Moderator
2,000 Posts
Do you mean an alignment has to be done by default if the wind screen is replaced?
When my windscreen was replaced by Autoglass they aligned the sensors and provided me with a confirmation certificate . This is in the UK , but I imagine that it would ( or should ) be the norm worldwide

·
Super Moderator
8,047 Posts
The rain sensor works, rear view mirror has a green light, could not see any reaction when I covered what I think is the sensor.But it was daylight, maybe not noticeable then. The lane keep assist lights up gray, but doesn't get green, eventhough they road has good lines.
lane keep assist only works above 50kmh / 38mph

·
Super Moderator
8,047 Posts
from the manual
lots of things can stop LKAS
The LKAS system will not be in the ENABLED state and the steering wheel will not be assisted when:
• Vehicle speed is below 60 km/h (37 mph) and over 180 km/h (112 mph).
• Only one lane line is detected.
• The turn signal is turned on before changing a lane. If you change lanes without the turn signal on, the steering wheel might be controlled.
• The hazard warning flasher is on.
• The width of the lane is below 2.6m (8.5 feet) and over 4.5m (15 feet).
• ESC (Electronic Stability Control) or VSM (Vehicle Stability Management) is activated.
• The vehicle is driven on a sharp curve.
• The vehicle brakes suddenly.
• The vehicle makes sharp lane changes.
• There are more than two lane lines on the road. (e.g. construction area)
• The vehicle is driven on a steep incline.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Surprised they didn't add when turned off! As some here have done just that accidentally, slightly more useful than the 112 mph bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts