Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our garage have a low clearance and the liftgate bump the ceiling (garage door) if we let it open all the way. I couldn't find any option to adjust the liftgate with the Ioniq 5 preferred long range (similar to SE US model). Please help.

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
880 Posts
I think a large bit of dense foam, glued to your garage ceiling, is in order here. 🤔

Reactions: larrywest42

·
Registered
27 Posts
Our garage have a low clearance and the liftgate bump the ceiling (garage door) if we let it open all the way. I couldn't find any option to adjust the liftgate with the Ioniq 5 preferred long range (similar to SE US model). Please help.
Here is how to adjust the height of the liftgate:

I have a SEL and here is how it works on an SEL. I would assume it is the same.

Turn the Car on --> Set up --> Vehicle --> Doors - - now scroll down to the bottom of the door choices. You'll see Power Lift Gate. There are 3 preset levels of opening and 1 custom height opening. I set the custom height. I opened the garage door, then the lift gate. I let the liftgate open all of the way, pulled and pushed the liftgate to the desired height and then you press and hold the close door button (the button on the liftgate that you use to close the liftgate) for 3 + seconds. That is all there is to do.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here is how to adjust the height of the liftgate:

I have a SEL and here is how it works on an SEL. I would assume it is the same.

Turn the Car on --> Set up --> Vehicle --> Doors - - now scroll down to the bottom of the door choices. You'll see Power Lift Gate. There are 3 preset levels of opening and 1 custom height opening. I set the custom height. I opened the garage door, then the lift gate. I let the liftgate open all of the way, pulled and pushed the liftgate to the desired height and then you press and hold the close door button (the button on the liftgate that you use to close the liftgate) for 3 + seconds. That is all there is to do.
I don't think OP's car has the power lift gate option.

To OP: the simplest solution might be to add some padded foams on contact point area (ceiling, garage door, whatever) to prevent damage to your car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for different idea. I put a few weather strip on the back of garage door where the liftgate hit. It is ok for the time being and hopefully we will find an economical and easy solution in the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts