Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly the IONIQ doesn't provide an OTA for its software (at least not anywhere outside of the US) and therefore the navigation data, especially the list of charging stations is always outdated.
There are several projects that offer a fairly up to date database of charging stations and I wonder if there is any way (official or unofficial) to import such a database into the stock navigation system.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sadly the IONIQ doesn't provide an OTA for its software (at least not anywhere outside of the US) and therefore the navigation data, especially the list of charging stations is always outdated.
There are several projects that offer a fairly up to date database of charging stations and I wonder if there is any way (official or unofficial) to import such a database into the stock navigation system.
This works: https://www.gps-data-team.com/convert/poiedit.php?file=NewPOIfile

·
Registered
183 Posts
"next charge" is a great app (for the whole world), I think. Just discovered that one. You can plan your route ahead of time, depending on your kind of vehicle. https://goelectricstations.com/ Not on your navigation system but on your phone or tablet... maybe there's a way Hyundai and "Go electric stations" can connect somehow, to make transferral to the car system possible?

·
Registered
247 Posts
You can create .kml or .gpx files yourself and upload them in your cars My POI. I did that in Google Earth. How to import this to your POI is written in the mulimedia manual.

As far as I know you cannot add them to the normal POI unfortunately.

To date, I haven't found any charger company to provide such files and updates of it on the Internet. I think I have seen a database for one company which covers all Europe. But that covers only the chargers of that company. However, it's a start.

·
Registered
247 Posts
First get the databases, then hack the system. Otherwise it's useless. There seems no central database with all charging stations available, if existent at all, not even per country.

·
Registered
247 Posts
In the German forum, they are working on it. See this link.

They found out how to open/unzip and edit the database, but not how to get it back in the usable format. They are also mentioning a micro SD card siting in the car with the database on it. I haven't found it in mine though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a small door under the screen marked as 'SD-Map' just above the two up and down arrow keys. There is the SD-card. not a micro version, but the normal one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts