Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i'm Matteo from Italy.
Yesterday i receveid my new Ioniq, i had about 50km.
I already tried all the stuff but i have some doubt on the adaptive cruise control.
I started the cruise control and then i push the button to "engage" the car in front of me but i didn' t get any feedback, not a sound, an icon or else.
Is this normal?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hi everyone, i'm Matteo from Italy.
Yesterday i receveid my new Ioniq, i had about 50km.
I already tried all the stuff but i have some doubt on the adaptive cruise control.
I started the cruise control and then i push the button to "engage" the car in front of me but i didn' t get any feedback, not a sound, an icon or else.
Is this normal?
ACC is like normal cruise control except it will slow you down (and speed up again) if the car in front changes its speed.

With the ACC you simply set it and use it like normal cruise control....there is a display in the dash inside the speedo that shows the number of blue squares you have set (with the button on the rhs controls) to set the distance you want to maintain between you and the car in front. Its not so much you latch onto the car in front but you set your speed and it will vary it based on the car in front. On the lhs of the blue squares you will see a car symbol when the ACC has detected a car in front. This may be beyod the setting you have for the distance (number of blue squares)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Normally, if you successfully set the speed, it'll be displayed on the speedo, confirming that you are now all set.
There is no sound to confirm engaging the car in front of you - it'll just work depending on what distance you've set, and also displaying relevant information on the right-hand display, once you cycle to the proper screen (the one displaying tire pressure also displays ACC status when you scroll down).
Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
hi Teocrazia

which display do you have the 4.2" or the 7" display on the dashboard?

the 7" display like mine below will display "CRUISE" instead of limit and show a car icon just to the left when it detects a vehicle in front

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
BTW, if you don't trust the radar yet, set the distance to maximum.
The first time ACC brakes down to adjust to slower car in front of you, it's quite a funny feeling but I grew to trust it very quickly :)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
7inches is a minimum really... who would want anything smaller than that?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Obviously.. we want to be environmentally friendly.

RE: ACC though, don't be like me and set it to 1 bar and then think it's gonna detect traffic at a full stop 300ft away and stop in time when ur going 80mph.

It's good, very good, in normal driving conditions. Sudden obstacles, sharp bends with other cars, and cars stopped in the middle of the road, it isn't good with. However, I'm sure if you set it at its longest distance, as @LokoMK700 said.. then you will get a better response time. I use it at shortest because I find it puts too much space between me and the car infront on other settings.

Myself and @Jan Treur have found some anomalies. They are on this thread : http://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/7-hyundai-ioniq-general-discussion/5281-dirty-radar.html

And weirdly enough,, I experienced something similar to what @Jan did with the 'ghost' obstruction recently.

As a final word i would say it's good but you still definitely need to be paying attention and ready to brake at all times.

Reactions: Peter
1 - 9 of 9 Posts