Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Recently received an Ioniq from my work.
I set the lane keeping assist to warning only,
But everytime I turn on the car it goes back to
Active assist, which I do not want.

How do I keep it on warning only ?
Michael.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Where are you located, @mgold85 ? I'm a bit puzzled, because the flag next to your handle seems to suggest that you're in Israel, which should be outside the European Union. Still, Israel is associated in some ways with the EU which might affect traffic legislation.

In the EU, that function has been locked down due to mandatory regulations. You can change it, or temporarily turn it off, but every time you start the car, it will turn back on. I guess it will be the same, or similar, on all cars starting with model year 2020.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
You may be misreading the dual setting available. Neither setting disables the LKAS (unless your country has something extra the rest of us don't). Only the physical button on the dash does that, and you have to push it again every time you start your car to disable the system. Take a look at your manual.

·
Registered
346 Posts
You may be misreading the dual setting available. Neither setting disables the LKAS (unless your country has something extra the rest of us don't). Only the physical button on the dash does that, and you have to push it again every time you start your car to disable the system. Take a look at your manual.
I think that this also differs by model year. My car (2020 Electric) has three settings in the menu:
  • LKA (Lane Keep Assist)
  • LDW (Lane Departure Warning)
  • Off
Selecting "Off" has the same effect as pressing the button on the dashboard. But even if you set it to LDW or Off, it will always revert to LKA the next time you start the car. Other threads at this forum have explained it as compliance with EU legislation. Perhaps some other countries have that forced activation of the LKA as well?!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I guess it makes some sense to have that setting available in the menu for completeness. The downside is that it will lead owners into thinking that option stays "sticky" like the other two options and becoming confused or even angry.

·
Registered
133 Posts
That's exactly what happened to me. I though that finally in my 2020 I would be able to permanently disable it, but no. The option is just a replacement of the bouton (in case the button fails I guess ?).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts