Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
im worried i'd break a nail..
I'd be worried you scratched the paintwork, especially the softer matte finish colours! ;)

Seriously, the way these handles appear to work there is a real danger of nails and rings scratching the paintwork around the handle recess as it will require a hand movement vertically down the bodywork to get behind the handle and open the door.
Design aesthetics wins over functionality and practicality IMO.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Lets calm it down.. its my first day back and I don't want to have to break out the big guns..

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Maybe because you were trying to make out that we’d not read the spec and it was our fault with your earlier post?
This statement explains a LOT. Stop trying to find people to blame. I didn't say it was YOUR fault, but typically, most people do their own research when they are spunking out 50K on a purchase. I'll leave it at that before you decide to start moaning about me rather than the car that you don't own yet.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The specs don't say how the door handles work at all. So you would assume they work in the same way as the car you test drove.

CJ

·
Registered
36 Posts
This statement explains a LOT. Stop trying to find people to blame. I didn't say it was YOUR fault, but typically, most people do their own research when they are spunking out 50K on a purchase. I'll leave it at that before you decide to start moaning about me rather than the car that you don't own yet.
Me blaming people? You were the one accusing people of not reading the spec!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Me blaming people? You were the one accusing people of not reading the spec!
There was no accusation at all, just a statement of fact. Big difference. An accusation works something like "Hyundai is trying to shaft me". That's an accusation. Hope you eventually enjoy whatever car you end up going for.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's very simple, Hyundai put out cars to dealers for test drive purposes. They should NOT put a car for people to test drive that has specs that are not even possible to get no matter what trim level you go for. It is also the dealers responsibility to point out what specs this particular car has that would not be in any order the customer makes. Do they normally put out a car to test drive that has the highest spec possible? usually yes, but they put out a spec that's at least 'buyable', but in this case they have put out features that cant even be bought....whats the point

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
It's very simple, Hyundai put out cars to dealers for test drive purposes. They should NOT put a car for people to test drive that has specs that are not even possible to get no matter what trim level you go for. It is also the dealers responsibility to point out what specs this particular car has that would not be in any order the customer makes. Do they normally put out a car to test drive that has the highest spec possible? usually yes, but they put out a spec that's at least 'buyable', but in this case they have put out features that cant even be bought....whats the point
I am not suggesting that Hyundai are without fault. I have my own issues with the way everything has been handled. The most frustrating is that dealerships know/knew little about the vehicle themselves because of lapses by HUK. However, like others and yourself, I went out, did my own research (hence this thread and several others I started), figured out there were things missing that I could absolutely live without and made my decision on whether or not to make the purchase.

You've done the hard part of researching and finding out the door handles. You either want the car the way it is or you don't. You're either able to compromise or you're not. Your other obvious option is to spend an inordinate amount of time on a forum moaning about it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You've done the hard part of researching and finding out the door handles. You either want the car the way it is or you don't. You're either able to compromise or you're not. Your other obvious option is to spend an inordinate amount of time on a forum moaning about it.
What on earth is a forum for if not to moan about things? :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am not suggesting that Hyundai are without fault. I have my own issues with the way everything has been handled. The most frustrating is that dealerships know/knew little about the vehicle themselves because of lapses by HUK. However, like others and yourself, I went out, did my own research (hence this thread and several others I started), figured out there were things missing that I could absolutely live without and made my decision on whether or not to make the purchase.

Some people will research into the specs and effectively do the dealers job, others (most people) will rely on the dealer to tell them what it has. Otherwise what is the point in having the dealer there. This is not about doing the proper research, this is about Hyundai putting out a car to test that has specs that you cant even get in the UK. You do not go to the doctors and they say to you 'what medication would you like, go do your research and let me know'. No, that is the doctors job.

But what makes it worse is that you read the specs that say it technically does not come with the pop out handles, yet the test drive models have it. It is not unreasonable to therefore assume that it WILL come with those features and the spec sheet is wrong. Why is it OUR responsibility to decide whether it is the car that is wrong and not the spec sheet that is wrong?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Some people will research into the specs and effectively do the dealers job, others (most people) will rely on the dealer to tell them what it has. Otherwise what is the point in having the dealer there. This is not about doing the proper research, this is about Hyundai putting out a car to test that has specs that you cant even get in the UK. You do not go to the doctors and they say to you 'what medication would you like, go do your research and let me know'. No, that is the doctors job.

But what makes it worse is that you read the specs that say it technically does not come with the pop out handles, yet the test drive models have it. It is not unreasonable to therefore assume that it WILL come with those features and the spec sheet is wrong. Why is it OUR responsibility to decide whether it is the car that is wrong and not the spec sheet that is wrong?
But you have essentially done the dealership's job by coming here and finding out about the door handles. Are you saying you're not upset about not having the auto pop handles now but instead you're upset because you had to find out on your own instead of the dealership letting you know? Those are two distinctly different things to be upset about. Being upset is of course entirely your choice and right. I just feel now that you know about it, you can either make peace with it or find something else that makes you happier.

·
Registered
74 Posts
But you have essentially done the dealership's job by coming here and finding out about the door handles. Are you saying you're not upset about not having the auto pop handles now but instead you're upset because you had to find out on your own instead of the dealership letting you know? Those are two distinctly different things to be upset about. Being upset is of course entirely your choice and right. I just feel now that you know about it, you can either make peace with it or find something else that makes you happier.
I ordered the car 2 months ago and only found out about the handles in the last week when everyone else did simply because the cars were turning up like this.

So I am upset that I have effectively been mis sold by Hyundai (who by the way haven't even told anyone officially why the cars that people test drive and base their decisions on have a feature that won't be on the car you order). I am upset that it does not have a feature that was assumed to come with it because Hyundai have put in front of our noses to 'test' but can't have. And I am upset that the response is well deal with it.

You do NOT show a product for people to try for them to decide whether they want it, and then ship it with less features. That is 100% mis selling. Now that is is known that it will not have pop out handles, it's the buyers problem because they now know what it will actually come with, but for the people who had no idea (because there were no manual handles in the UK at the time of purchase) should be compensated for being mis sold to and I will be speaking to a solicitor about this.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
I ordered the car 2 months ago and only found out about the handles in the last week when everyone else did simply because the cars were turning up like this.

So I am upset that I have effectively been mis sold by Hyundai (who by the way haven't even told anyone officially why the cars that people test drive and base their decisions on have a feature that won't be on the car you order). I am upset that it does not have a feature that was assumed to come with it because Hyundai have put in front of our noses to 'test' but can't have. And I am upset that the response is well deal with it.

You do NOT show a product for people to try for them to decide whether they want it, and then ship it with less features. That is 100% mis selling. Now that is is known that it will not have pop out handles, it's the buyers problem because they now know what it will actually come with, but for the people who had no idea (because there were no manual handles in the UK at the time of purchase) should be compensated for being mis sold to and I will be speaking to a solicitor about this.
A dealer have provided this communication from Hyundai:

I've seen a few comments about these issues, so hopefully, if not already answered this will help you out.
Happy to assist anyone else further that isn't related to this too.
Flushed Door - Handles As standard, the specification of IONIQ 5 includes Manual Flush Door Handles. However, we have been made aware that some early vehicles are equipped with the benefit of the feature: Auto Flushed Door Handles. A list of vehicles by VIN with this additional feature is included below. Please be advised that this is not a mis-build and there is no charge for this benefit for these vehicles. Vehicles not in this batch will match the standard specification and will be supplied with Manual Flush door handles. All communications now state this clearly. The Auto Flushed Door Handles is not currently available as an optional feature due to being production constrained at Launch.
Auto Child Lock - Auto Child Lock was listed as feature on Project 45, unfortunately this is only applicable to Left Hand-Drive vehicles. This feature is therefore not available on UK specified Project 45. All communications now state this clearly. Mood Lighting / Ambient Lighting To clarify on the differences between the interior light functions on IONQ 5: Mood Lighting is standard across IONIQ 5 range and the lights are featured in the U-shaped section on the overhead console. The colour is white only.
Ambient Light - Comes as standard on the Ultimate Trim and Project 45 only. It can be customised via the Touchscreen with a choice of 64 colours and the lights feature around the Bose speakers and within the door trim.
Service Schedule - The introduction of the new dedicated E-GMP and technologies, has also seen a change in the standard maintenance schedule requirements for IONIQ 5. From launch for IONIQ 5 and for all other newly launched Battery Electric Vehicle models, Service Intervals will now follow a 2 year / 20,000 miles schedule with an optional but recommended annual / 10,000 miles Battery Health, Diagnostic & Connectivity Service check.

·
Registered
25 Posts

The specs released before any car arrived in the country, only stated that the P45 would have auto handles and that other trims wouldn't. I don't think it is misselling if some cars have features that they shouldn't unless you were told at the point of purchase that it had features that it doesn't.

141 - 160 of 192 Posts