Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched the following video and had a question about the door handles. On a spec sheet someone linked me to yesterday it said that only the P45 had "auto" door handles. Seems a bit odd that their top of the line Ultimate model doesn't. Basically I'm talking about the doors unlocking when you're near the car with the smart key. And with regards the door touch sensors; is that also a P45 only option?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This reply has only managed to confuse me more 😂
I know when you click the button on the fob that the handles pop open or retract closed. But in the video I just referenced, they show what they call "auto handles". It works on proximity to the smart key. The video also shows a finger sensor that pops and retracts the handles. I'm not sure of these features are only available on the P45 or if they are also available on the Ultimate.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
550 Posts
I just watched the following video and had a question about the door handles. On a spec sheet someone linked me to yesterday it said that only the P45 had "auto" door handles. Seems a bit odd that their top of the line Ultimate model doesn't. Basically I'm talking about the doors unlocking when you're near the car with the smart key. And with regards the door touch sensors; is that also a P45 only option?

Now it is not, it is also on higher trim levels, not only on the P45.
There are 2 systems:
A) Manual type: on LOWER TRIMS
locking

To lock button using the door handle touch sensor or the Smart Key:
1. Make sure all doors, the bonnet and the tailgate are closed.
2. Press the Door Lock button (1) on the Smart Key. The hazard warning doors will blink with an alarm, and the handles will be locked.
3. In addition, pushing the button on the door handle (the engraved part) whilst keeping the smart key will lockall doors.

unlocking
To unlock your vehicle using the door handle button or the Smart Key:
1. Make sure you have the smart key in your possession.
2. Pushing the button on the door handle (engraved part) or press the Door Unlock button (2) on the smart key. All doors handles will be unlocked but not pop out and the hazard warning lights will blink twice.
3. After unlocking the doors, the doors will automatically re-lock after 30seconds unless a door is opened.

B) Electrical type on HIGHER TRIMS:
locking

To lock your vehicle using the door handle touch sensor or the Smart Key:
1. Make sure all doors, the bonnet and the tailgate are closed.
2. Press the Door Lock button (1) on the Smart key. The hazard warning lights will blink with an alarm, and the handles will retract back. In addition, touching the touch sensor on the door handle (the engraved part) whilst keeping the smart key will lock all doors and let the door handle to retract back.

unlocking
To unlock your vehicle using the door handle touch sensor or the Smart Key:
1. Make sure you have the smart key in your possession.
2. Touch the touch sensor on the door handle(engraved part) or press theDoor Unlock button (2) on the smart
key. All door handles will pop out and the doors will be unlocked and the hazard warning lights will blink twice.
3. After unlocking the doors, the doors will automatically re-lock after 30seconds unless a door is opened.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks @Jaz for looking that up. I was starting to feel a little robbed that I wouldn't have auto handles on what is essentially their top of the line model.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't know if this is in the manual, or a real thing or whatever, but I recall some earlier information saying there was a setting that could be enabled that would make the handles pop out automatically when you approach with the fob (FWIW, my 2014 mazda3 can unlock the doors automatically the same way, so i'd be surprised if that was trim limited, but I guess we'll see)

·
Registered
Red 2019 Ioniq 38 Premium EV
345 Posts
Will they get iced up solid in a severe frost/winter? I sometimes wonder if car designers think about adverse weather conditions...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Keyless entry was one of the first things I asked about (and an auto opening boot/trunk), digging for keys is not an option for me :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
43 Posts

This is UK Spec only the P45 comes with auto unlocking doors handles meaning you walk to the car and it opens for you (unlocks and door handle pops out).
All other UK Spec cars including 'Ultimate' you will need to touch the sensor on the door handle or press the remote key button.

·
Registered
97 Posts
From Page 5-13 of the English user manual.
To activate Approach unlock system for only the drivers seat (door??), select 'Settings -> Vehicle -> Door -> Remote power door open -> Unlock all doors' in the infotainment system screen.
Presumably this unticks a box that is already ticked?
The manual has many typos and some sections that seem to refer to an ICE car.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
550 Posts
This is what I found in the Ioniq 5 manual. There are still some other pages too, but this is the main introduction about approach unlock system, only for the electric handle version.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
337 Posts
In the US live broadcast on Wednesday, he showed a screen that has the driver door only or all door check boxes. However the car is a prototype so things may change on the production model.

1 - 20 of 192 Posts