Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
125 Posts
Sorry but this is not a reference at all. If they are not impressed now, they will be later, because of owners, other press and other reviewers, or they will never speak about it anymore. I have seen this happen in Germany too. First they want to protect their own products, maybe payed to do so, but is the global opinion proves the opposite, they change their mind.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes they are, but as with everything, there's good and bad stuff.
Overall it's really good, but looks like the infotainment system and its so-so sportiness are the most criticized aspects.
Yea... The infotainment system is the one thing I'm not sure about Ioniq 5. If they got Android Automotive, it'd be such an easy choice between this and Model Y.
I also don't really like the smaller screens vs a big screen in the center. Polestar 2 and Mach-E's screens are very nice. A vertical screen makes more sense since buttons on either side of the screen would be easy to reach. I tried Tesla today, and the "recenter" button when navigating is at the top right corner of the screen and it's so hard to reach while driving.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Maybe voice command? We successfully use voice commands in my spouses Tesla. Super handy while driving.
Tesla is a tech company that produces vehicles... I doubt any traditional car company can come up with a voice recognition system as good as Tesla, not even to mention Google... They should stop making their own systems and switch to Android Automotives

·
Registered
125 Posts
Tesla is a tech company that produces vehicles... I doubt any traditional car company can come up with a voice recognition system as good as Tesla, not even to mention Google... They should stop making their own systems and switch to Android Automotives
I think this will maybe come, therefore they already integrated Apple car play and Android Auto. So on this cars you can use the Apple or Android voice commands too if you like. Just because of the competition of Apple and Android, they prefer to implement their own system and add this 2 to please everyone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think this will maybe come, therefore they already integrated Apple car play and Android Auto. So on this cars you can use the Apple or Android voice commands too if you like. Just because of the competition of Apple and Android, they prefer to implement their own system and add this 2 to please everyone.
It's not the same thing. Apple car play and Android auto won't be able to control anything in the car, only the information system. They are still tied to your phone. You can't control the temperature with Google, for example. (Siri won't understand you anyway) Check Polestar 2's infotainment system. They are using Android Automotives and from the reviews that I have read/watched, most if not all ppl loved that system.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's not the same thing. Apple car play and Android auto won't be able to control anything in the car, only the information system. They are still tied to your phone. You can't control the temperature with Google, for example. (Siri won't understand you anyway) Check Polestar 2's infotainment system. They are using Android Automotives and from the reviews that I have read/watched, most if not all ppl loved that system.
Ok, I understand.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry but this is not a reference at all. If they are not impressed now, they will be later, because of owners, other press and other reviewers, or they will never speak about it anymore. I have seen this happen in Germany too. First they want to protect their own products, maybe payed to do so, but is the global opinion proves the opposite, they change their mind.
I didn't say it was a reference, but thought it was interesting to highlight a rare review which wasn't very positive.

·
Registered
58 Posts
this is just a newspaper and not a car magazine, so forget it.
Sure. But it's a pretty influential one. They reach a demographic much wider than the people following Asian Petrolhead on YT. So something for Hyundai UK to worry about.

I didn't say I agree with the Torygraph review :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sure. But it's a pretty influential one. They reach a demographic much wider than the people following Asian Petrolhead on YT. So something for Hyundai UK to worry about.

I didn't say I agree with the Torygraph review :)
You are right, but I think British people have always been interested in cars, know a lot about cars and will believe AutoExpress , AutoTrader ... more than this newspaper even if it is called "The Telegraph", that must be owned by Chinese or something like that;), otherwise it is not possible to say such a things.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don’t want Google recording where I go in my car. The last thing I need are ads based on teh businesses I park near or my route to work. Because of that I have completely discounted even looking at Polestar. Google is not a benign company when it comes to analytics.

Hyundai’s system is perfectly acceptable and for those who want Google or Apple in their car for infotainment they have the choice to do so.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Telegraph Review.
Some careless journalism here. Under the "facts" price as driven is given as £40,835 whilst earlier in the article price was £50,835. This I think is the correct price for AWD ultimate with option packs. Why are old stock photos of LHD car being used? No mention of what the option packs add in terms of tech and economy. I think a pretty shoddy article and proof read.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yet another rave review about the Ioniq 5
Enjoy
The guy of this video said literally "The ride quality is especially impressive given this car is on 20 inch wheels"
the opposite of "The Telegraph". I think this newspaper just made quickly an article, picked up some pictures and never drove that car.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts