Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought 128 GB mini USB stick for my Ioniq EV. There is a file limit of 6000. So all the files are not recognized if you have more than 6000 music files. If using 320 kbps MP3 quality which is quite high quality the file count is still more than 6000 files. So you can not use all the storage space in the 128 GB USB stick for music files.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
7,880 Posts
You can find the info in the manual and it is correct. Now I know it for sure. Is it RAM limit of the multimedia system?
that is likely, the amount of ram allocated to the media catalogue / directory

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the manual:

3. Number of recognizable folders and files
• Folders: 2,000 for USB
• Files: 6,000 for USB
• No recognition limit for folder hierarchies

·
Registered
776 Posts
This is a common limit of audio equipment. My Audio Home set has an index limit of 5000 files and 50 folders root inclusive. Dont buy too heavy USB sticks. Better is to buy 2 or 3 smaller ones and divide your music library over these. E.g Rock, Soul, Pop, Ballads, Christmas, R&B, Tech, Hiphop etc.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a common limit of audio equipment. My Audio Home set has an index limit of 5000 files and 50 folders root inclusive. Dont buy too heavy USB sticks. Better is to buy 2 or 3 smaller ones and divide your music library over these. E.g Rock, Soul, Pop, Ballads, Christmas, R&B, Tech, Hiphop etc.
64 GB seems to be the optimum for Ioniq.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought 128 GB mini USB stick for my Ioniq EV. There is a file limit of 6000. So all the files are not recognized if you have more than 6000 music files. If using 320 kbps MP3 quality which is quite high quality the file count is still more than 6000 files. So you can not use all the storage space in the 128 GB USB stick for music files.:confused:
I use a 160 GB Ipod classic. I have 18000 songs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
you'll also find that it is the first 6000 files based on the order in which they were copied to the stick.

I use FATsorted to sort the files into order, helps so that if you delete played songs and add new ones then if there are more than 6000 they are at least found in the correct order.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I use a 160 GB Ipod classic. I have 18000 songs.
I have the same. I keep it plugged into aux and powered from the armrest USB, so I can keep lightning lead plugged in for my iPhone to use Waze. And since the iPod classic controls are tactile, it's very easy to play/pause/skip without taking my eyes off the road.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
And how does this info add value to this old thread?
An alternative to have more than 6,000 songs available to you while driving.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The thread was about USB stick limit, not an external mp3 player limit.
True, but, no reason an alternative to having a 6,000 file limit can't be mentioned, for those that may be interested.

You did ask what value the comment brought. I think that's of value. If I do, others may. Others may not. Thank God we're all different or life would be boring.

·
Registered
519 Posts
True, but, no reason an alternative to having a 6,000 file limit can't be mentioned, for those that may be interested.

You did ask what value the comment brought. I think that's of value. If I do, others may. Others may not. Thank God we're all different or life would be boring.
OK, I stand corrected. It seemed obvious to me that the limit doesn’t apply to mp3 players, but you got a point.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts