Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m at the new Electric Highway high powered chargers capable of 350kWh in Rugby

plugged in @20% and still only getting the usual 32kWh.. are we restricted from higher speeds?

·
Registered
901 Posts
So I’m at the new Electric Highway high powered chargers capable of 350kWh in Rugby

plugged in @20% and still only getting the usual 32kWh.. are we restricted from higher speeds?
'bout the best you will get with the 2020, the 28kw dc fast charges at a much faster rate due to different battery chemistry.

See this link :- Dc charging time and speed

And if you search this forum you will find loads more info on this subject.

·
IONIQ Electric, SE (w/ CCP) 2018.
898 Posts
The 38 kWh IONIQs max out at about 45 kW in optimal conditions. The 28 kWh IONIQs will max out at about 65kWh to 68 kWh.

Reactions: cousintim

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
258 Posts
I went for the 28kWh car as it charges at twice the speed and was 10k cheaper over here. 2019 vs 2020 both demo cars with 15000km on the clock.

I find it funny/strange how people can spend this kind of money without having a clear picture of what they are buying. As in charging capabilities, true range as highway speeds and in winter etc etc.... Specially those getting a 100k Tesla and starting to ask questions efter delivery LOL. I'm the other way around, knowing every detail before cashing up.

They are not power limited but current limited. 50kW chargers can do 125A which calculates to 44kW at low SoC and closer to 50kW at 77% where it throttles down. The UFC provides no limits so the car gets it's full 175A current which again translates to 61kW or so at low SoC and 68kW at about 77%. This more or less independent of ambient temperature.

the 38 will do 47kW on the UFC and 45kW at the 50kW chargers, but the pack is usually too cold and it throttles WAY down and much sooner then the 28. The 28 goes like mad all the way up where it makes little sense going more then half on the 38.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts