Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had a great 1st 2 weeks of ownership with the ionic sel hybrid! Driving down to Florida I averaged about 53mpg with 2 passengers and full of luggage around 70-75mph running ac the entire time!

On the way back I went a bit slower averaging 60-65 and got 59.8mpg!

The car is very roomy and gets great mileage!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
You can do better! I've got 63mpg and I don't drive under 80mph. Great car for long distances though.. so comfortable!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had a great 1st 2 weeks of ownership with the ionic sel hybrid! Driving down to Florida I averaged about 53mpg with 2 passengers and full of luggage around 70-75mph running ac the entire time!

I am looking at buying a Ioniq Hybrid SEL, for a replacement for our 2010 Prius. Seems like pretty good mpg's better than our 2010 Prius would get under the same speed, weight, and running the AC as well. Under the same conditions our Prius would have obtained somewhere around 45-47 mpg calculated of course not by the mpg gauge.

Considering that, does your mpg readout on the dash display a fairly true mpg reading when you calculate by miles driven and gallons used? Our Prius is always off 3 - 3.5 mpg, if the dash mpg readout states 55 mpg, when actually calculated by miles driven and gallons used the actually mpg's will be 51-52 mpg, consistently, after 160,000 miles nearly all Prius owners, years 2010-2015 report the same issue.

I like the looks of the Ioniq much better as the current Prius is not as good looking in my book, though still a great car. Also the Ioniq has more room and now per the EPA it is considered a large car as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Alstar, besides the gas mileage, there is an abundance of differences in the two cars, as I had a 2012 Prius Level 3 for the past 5 years. The Limited Ioniq with Ultimate package has a lot going for it. First off, in my opinion, there is no comparison to the ride between the two automobiles. I also had rattles in the Prius from the cheap plastic that was installed. The Ioniq is tight and exhibits no rattles at this point. The Ioniq's ride is much more comfortable and takes bumps with ease. The Sound System in the Ioniq is spectacular and the GPS is excellent. My Prius has a 4.3" screen that was absolutely worthless if you needed to see a street name.
There are lots of other differences but space and time does not allow me to list them all. I think you will be pleasantly surprised the first time you drive an Ioniq--a huge overall difference from your 2010 Prius--Good Luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are correct. My mpg is US.

I've attached my hand calculated mpg for the entire road trip.

I've also had a 2016 Prius 3 touring. I average only 45-49mpg. The ioniq blows it away!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2017 Hyundai ioniq sel
It has the 15 inch tire /wheel package, and I have noticed a 10% increase in fuel economy over the optional 17 inch tires /wheels offered.
I regularly get 60 mpg combined city/hiway driving
I live in Florida,that might be a factor also

·
Registered
60 Posts

Great report, thank you. I too have found the Ioniq to be quite roomy for our family of 3. Still have not been able to completely fill the trunk!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts