Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note: I'm on support with Enel trying to determine if this is the charger.
My car has been charging fine with the Juice box for the last month+ that I've owned it, until a couple of days ago. The LED on the box look fine, but the car will not start charging. The Juice box wasn't connected to the wifi which kept Enel support from troubleshooting - so I spent the last 24 hours getting that sorted, but now that it is, my Ioniq5 said "charging started" once and charged for less than 3 minutes and disconnected. I've tried to reboot the charging system and reconfigure it multiple times since, with no luck. My car will not start charging. I have gone to a DC10 fast charger and it worked fine (if that makes a difference).
Any advice??

Enel support basically said it looks like the box is sending a charge but the Ioniq5 is not picking it up and to try possibly resetting it somehow? My other troubleshooting thought is to see if the normal outlet charging works.

·
Registered
'22 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD - Cyber Gray
12 Posts
I too have had a problem with charging with a JuiceBox 40. The charging gauge screen would show it starting to charge (yellow blinking area), but then would stop within 10 seconda. After about 2-3 minutes, an audible notification would state that charging had failed. To diagnose the issue, I hooked up the 120 Volt charger provided by Hyundai and it started charging immediately.

I spoke with a representative at EnelX who informed me that a number of Ioniq 5 owners have been having problems charging. There supposedly is an issue with the algorithm that allows the charger to work properly with the Ioniq 5. I was told that EnelX is looking into the problem.

In my case, I am part of the "Charge Smart" program that schedules overnight charging, but I should be able to overide Smart Charging according to the person I spoke with. As soon as I was "unenrolled" from the that program by EnelX, charging initiated ("charging started") and I've been able to fully charge twice since July 25th. I have an incident number with them and hopefully will soon receive word that they have resolved the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too have had a problem with charging with a JuiceBox 40. The charging gauge screen would show it starting to charge (yellow blinking area), but then would stop within 10 seconda. After about 2-3 minutes, an audible notification would state that charging had failed. To diagnose the issue, I hooked up the 120 Volt charger provided by Hyundai and it started charging immediately.

I spoke with a representative at EnelX who informed me that a number of Ioniq 5 owners have been having problems charging. There supposedly is an issue with the algorithm that allows the charger to work properly with the Ioniq 5. I was told that EnelX is looking into the problem.

In my case, I am part of the "Charge Smart" program that schedules overnight charging, but I should be able to overide Smart Charging according to the person I spoke with. As soon as I was "unenrolled" from the that program by EnelX, charging initiated ("charging started") and I've been able to fully charge twice since July 25th. I have an incident number with them and hopefully will soon receive word that they have resolved the issue.
Thank you! I'd love to hear what comes of your case! I've been able to fully charge my car since, but it's been intermittent at best. I believe there's a warranty and mine is relatively new, if I end up having to get another brand I will, but ideally we can resolve this!

·
Registered
'22 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD - Cyber Gray
12 Posts
I'd recommend you contact them when you have time. I think that if there are more complaints, it will help to push them to resolve the issue sooner.

But your problem could be different than mine and they should be able to help you troubleshoot it.

Here's their US contact information:

+1.844.584.2329 M-F 5AM to 10PM PST -- Mon-Fri
+1.844.584.2329 M-F 7AM to 9PM PST -- Sat/Sun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd recommend you contact them when you have time. I think that if there are more complaints, it will help to push them to resolve the issue sooner.

But your problem could be different than mine and they should be able to help you troubleshoot it.

Here's their US contact information:

+1.844.584.2329 M-F 5AM to 10PM PST -- Mon-Fri
+1.844.584.2329 M-F 7AM to 9PM PST -- Sat/Sun
Thank you dr. bug! I have been on the phone with them for hours now, and they ultimately said it looked like the Juice Box was sending signals correctly but the Ioniq was dropping him. He also said to try some crazy things like cleaning the cable off! If I continue to have problems and find any resolution I'll post it here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts