Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my 2020 Ioniq for a week and really like the regen braking from the paddle shifter it enables the micromanager in me. I’m curious if the brake lights come on when I’m using the paddle shifter as a brake? In the highest regen it really feels like braking, so I should be warning drivers behind me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
For the EV, brake lights come on starting from regen 2.

What I did to test it out simply drive at night on on a non-illuminated road (outside of the city) and just looked in the mirrors to see when the lights are one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
For the 2020 PHEV break lights activated on level 3 Regen, I verified it. In other posts people were saying not true for levels 2 and 1, but I did not verify this myself yet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't think it's really a question of "level" but a question of power. If you are in regen 1 but step on the brake enough to activate the full regen (before the real brakes engage) I'm fairly certain you'll get the brake lights too.

You can use the instant consomption on the infotainment to see how much you are braking through regen.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
You will get brake lights with foot on brake pedal no matter the force applied to pedal or brakes or regen rate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts