Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I tried searching for a clear answer in the forum, but couldn't. I would like to have a spare tire (not full size) in the trunk (I believe it doesn't fitt under the trunk?) instead of the repair kit. I didn't find any 2020 IONIQ EV Spare Tire Kit.

Is it safe to use this for a 2020 IONIQ EV?

https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/ge...9&submodel=Electric&extra1=&extra2=&filter=()

If not, why?

For other 2020 IONIQ EV users here that decided to have a spare tire, what did you use?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Premium PHEV. Blue colour
19 Posts
Hi,

I tried searching for a clear answer in the forum, but couldn't. I would like to have a spare tire (not full size) in the trunk (I believe it doesn't fitt under the trunk?) instead of the repair kit. I didn't find any 2020 IONIQ EV Spare Tire Kit.

Is it safe to use this for a 2020 IONIQ EV?

https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/ge...9&submodel=Electric&extra1=&extra2=&filter=()

If not, why?

For other 2020 IONIQ EV users here that decided to have a spare tire, what did you use?

Thanks!
A spare tyre wont fit in the boot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont want to put it in the boot, just in the trunk and leave it there all the time.

I just want to make sure the HEV spare fit on the EV 2020 ioniq and i wont end up in an accident.

·
Registered
Iconiq plug In. Premium SE/ultimate 2019
119 Posts
It will fit on the load floor area but not below that we’re a normal spare would reside,

·
Registered
246 Posts
There are some questions: -

a. It's for a 2019 USA model, you have a 2020 Canadian spec car, are the normal wheel stud spacings etc the same?
b. It doesn't come with a tyre, can you buy one that gives the correct rolling radius?

If the answers to both these questions is 'Yes', then why not? As long as you've checked, and checked again that it'll fit!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are some questions: -

a. It's for a 2019 USA model, you have a 2020 Canadian spec car, are the normal wheel stud spacings etc the same?
b. It doesn't come with a tyre, can you buy one that gives the correct rolling radius?

If the answers to both these questions is 'Yes', then why not? As long as you've checked, and checked again that it'll fit!!
I just checked 1010 tire and the wheels specs are all the same between PHEV, HEV and EV:

2019 HEV:
https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Bol...hback-Hybrid-Ultimate-225-45R17-91V-vid185937

2019 PHEV:
2019 Hyundai Ioniq bolt pattern

2020 EV:
2020 Hyundai Ioniq bolt pattern

However, the spare is 15 inch instead of 16 inch, so as you said, I can check with my local tire garage if they can propose something that would correct rolling radius. Maybe they would even have a spare to suggest. Will check taht first.

Thanks

·
Registered
Iconiq plug In. Premium SE/ultimate 2019
119 Posts
I just checked 1010 tire and the wheels specs are all the same between PHEV, HEV and EV:

2019 HEV:

2019 PHEV:

2020 EV:
2020 Hyundai Ioniq bolt pattern

However, the spare is 15 inch instead of 16 inch, so as you said, I can check with my local tire garage if they can propose something that would correct rolling radius. Maybe they would even have a spare to suggest. Will check taht first.

Thanks
If you want a full size spare wheel then check out a salvage yard, the smaller15 inch
Space saver wheel is only usable to 50 KPH and relatively short distances,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also looking to get a space saver for my 2020 EV, of course it has to just sit in the boot. Not looking for a full size spare...yet!

The factory fitted tyres for the EV should be 205/60R16 for both EUDM and USDM, I'm in the UK and this is correct. The 2016-2019 EV is 205/55R16, and PHEV 195/65R15. I think the link in the first post post is the space saver kit for the PHEV and won't fit the 2020 EV, but if anyone knows for sure...

I'm still hoping to find a suitable SS for the 2020 EV, and think one with a 135/80R17 tyre would be closest in diameter/circumference, (only 0.7% different). The wheel of course has to match the bolt pattern 5x114.3, and centre bore 67.1mm and thread size M12x1.5, offset may also be important, though I think less so for a SS?

To check out wheel/tyre specs have a look at Wheel size guide and also wheel size calculator

Would be nice if someone has already got a suitable one?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts