Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my 2019 Ioniq had to be towed due to not starting, I was just notified it needs a new hybrid battery!!!! Only 2 years old :mad:. And guess what, there is a shortage of these batteries and the dealer has no idea when mine will get replaced. I called Hyundai Customer Care and have a case number. Someone is supposed to be calling me back with what Hyundai will do for me since I have a relatively new car that I can't drive.

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,073 Posts
Wow, there's a rare fault! Sorry to hear that and I hope that somehow they do manage to sort it quickly for you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
After my 2019 Ioniq had to be towed due to not starting, I was just notified it needs a new hybrid battery!!!! Only 2 years old :mad:. <snip>.
Sorry to hear about the problem with the traction battery but did you have any indication it was going to fail?
e.g. not ever showing a medium to high charge state on the dashboard display or perhaps you were noting the charge level displayed when parking the car at night was different to that in the morning ?

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear about the problem with the traction battery but did you have any indication it was going to fail?
e.g. not ever showing a medium to high charge state on the dashboard display or perhaps you were noting the charge level displayed when parking the car at night was different to that in the morning ?
No indication whatsoever. Drove it fine one day, then two days later got in the car to go somewhere, and boom, nothing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Gosh, I was hoping you were to say that on looking back you had noticed that there had been a a slow decline in the state of charge over a few days or weeks. To have no warning is quite alarming to say the least.

Have Hyundai done anything about a loan car in order that you can get about or at least explained what they are going to do and how long it will take ? Have you suggested they remove a traction battery from a brand new car and fit it to yours , especilay if your car is a 2020 model?

·
Registered
Iconiq plug In. Premium SE/ultimate 2019
194 Posts
My understanding is the battery is made up of many individuals cells, all interconnected to one another, so it could easily be a connection between two cells or a cell shorting out internally would give the symptoms you described,
It would be interesting on knowing the actual fault with the battery pack if the dealer will disclose it,

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gosh, I was hoping you were to say that on looking back you had noticed that there had been a a slow decline in the state of charge over a few days or weeks. To have no warning is quite alarming to say the least.

Have Hyundai done anything about a loan car in order that you can get about or at least explained what they are going to do and how long it will take ? Have you suggested they remove a traction battery from a brand new car and fit it to yours , especilay if your car is a 2020 model?
My car is a 2019 model, not 2020. Haven't heard back from Corporate Hyundai yet about any compensation or actual timeframe for new battery. Holding out getting a rental until I hear back from them, as I heard thru the grapevine if you don't get a Hyundai rental they won't cover the entire cost...I will check on this when they call me, hopefully on Monday.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My car is a 2019 model, not 2020. Haven't heard back from Corporate Hyundai yet about any compensation or actual timeframe for new battery. Holding out getting a rental until I hear back from them, as I heard thru the grapevine if you don't get a Hyundai rental they won't cover the entire cost...I will check on this when they call me, hopefully on Monday.
Thank you 2Dillons, fingers crossed for you and let's hope Hyundai step up to the mark and make sure things flow smoothly and with urgency.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Battery is back ordered but the dealership told me today it would be shipped from California or South Korea. In the meantime, Corporate Hyundai contacted me and said they would "reimburse" me for a rental car after I get my car back. What they cover is ridiculously low...$20 for a non-Hyundai vehicle, or $30 for a Hyundai. I have never seen a Hyundai rental in our area. The person said this was negotiable as Hyundai rentals could not be had that cheaply in a lot of states. Just FYI, Corporate Hyundai confirmed if you do get a loaner from a dealership it cannot be driven out of state.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My understanding is the battery is made up of many individuals cells, all interconnected to one another, so it could easily be a connection between two cells or a cell shorting out internally would give the symptoms you described,
It would be interesting on knowing the actual fault with the battery pack if the dealer will disclose it,
I just picked up my car with the new battery. Here is the info about the dead battery if any of you are interested.
DTC in BMS P0DE7 and P1B96.
All cells at 3.68v except cells 57 & 59 at 4.54v and cell 58 at 1.92v

1 - 10 of 10 Posts