Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in the last year of my three year lease of a 2017 full electric Ioniq. The original lease from Hyundai itself was an unlimited lease. Is anyone else in the same lease? I ask, because my paperwork from the dealership shows "unlimited miles", or "n/a" in the mileage column, or "99,999 miles/year" depending on which document I look at (the original claim by the dealership was that the computer would not allow them to leave the field empty and required a number on one particular form). Anyways, Hyundai finance has implemented a 12,000 miles/year limit on my lease. When I called and asked why they said that the "n/a" meant that the mileage limit was "not available" so they picked a number. They also stated that they had never heard of an unlimited lease. As I approach the end of the lease I am worried I am going to be on the hook for a huge fee as I am already nearing 40,000 with about 10 months to go! Any help would be appreciated!

Jeremy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since no one has offered up any comments, I am really curious if anyone out there is under a unlimited mile lease? Maybe I am totally out to lunch and I just didn't understand the words that were used to describe the benefits to me. If anyone is under a similar lease please let me know. Thank you.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq PHEV
67 Posts
Since no one has offered up any comments, I am really curious if anyone out there is under a unlimited mile lease? Maybe I am totally out to lunch and I just didn't understand the words that were used to describe the benefits to me. If anyone is under a similar lease please let me know. Thank you.
I am on a 3 year 10000mi/yr hyundai lease and was on the same 4 years ago with an elentra. Never heard of unlimited in my area. I always leave dealers confused it is part of their sales game. I now get everything in writing and do not trust sales people. Your lease with n/a is interesting keep us informed as to the outcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am on a 3 year 10000mi/yr hyundai lease and was on the same 4 years ago with an elentra. Never heard of unlimited in my area. I always leave dealers confused it is part of their sales game. I now get everything in writing and do not trust sales people. Your lease with n/a is interesting keep us informed as to the outcome.
It seems my problem may have finally been resolved. I had to speak with a lawyer and send a letter to the Hyundai corporate office. This resulted in a phone call from the corporate office (C.A.R.E. division). that person reviewed my paperwork and agreed that a mistake was made in the finance department. I was told that the issue will be resolved prior to my turning in my leased vehicle. So I will wait for another two months and then see what happens. Fingers crossed that this does not take a miracle to turn in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am currently in the last year of my three year lease of a 2017 full electric Ioniq. The original lease from Hyundai itself was an unlimited lease. Is anyone else in the same lease? I ask, because my paperwork from the dealership shows "unlimited miles", or "n/a" in the mileage column, or "99,999 miles/year" depending on which document I look at (the original claim by the dealership was that the computer would not allow them to leave the field empty and required a number on one particular form). Anyways, Hyundai finance has implemented a 12,000 miles/year limit on my lease. When I called and asked why they said that the "n/a" meant that the mileage limit was "not available" so they picked a number. They also stated that they had never heard of an unlimited lease. As I approach the end of the lease I am worried I am going to be on the hook for a huge fee as I am already nearing 40,000 with about 10 months to go! Any help would be appreciated!

Jeremy
Same here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts