Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is dead. Won’t do the 12 volt reset, won’t work with a jumpstart on under hood jumpstart posts & I’m getting conflicting information from dealerships. I can’t find a 12v battery. Checked under floor in trunk & nothing there but flat tire pump. Is there an actual 12v battery I can replace? Or is it somehow integrated to the main hybrid battery? Anyone else running into this?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Your 2017 hybrid has a Li-Po 12V batter as part of the main traction battery. If it went dead press the 12V battery reset button on the left of the steering wheel and turn the car on as soon as you can.

If that not work, jump start it with another 12V power sauce by attached it to the terminals in the fuse box under the hood, press the 12v battery button, and turn your car on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you!

BTW, my 2020 PHEV SE does not have the battery reset button...

I was trying to look into it, with no luck. Too new I guess for anyone to know.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Thank you!

BTW, my 2020 PHEV SE does not have the battery reset button...

I was trying to look into it, with no luck. Too new I guess for anyone to know.
Your PHEV has Lead-acid 12V battery located in the trunk. You can jump start your car using terminals in the fuse box under the hood.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your 2017 hybrid has a Li-Po 12V batter as part of the main traction battery. If it went dead press the 12V battery reset button on the left of the steering wheel and turn the car on as soon as you can.

If that not work, jump start it with another 12V power sauce by attached it to the terminals in the fuse box under the hood, press the 12v battery button, and turn
Ah ok thank you, so they switched to the European version...
I

If that not work, jump start it with another 12V power sauce by attached it to the terminals in the fuse box under the hood, press the 12v battery button, and turn your car on.
Thank you. Like I said, the reset button didn’t work, nor did the jumpstart using the under hood post coming up from fuse box. After verifying with both parts & service at dealership I finally called Hyundai Roadside & had it towed to dealer.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I

Thank you. Like I said, the reset button didn’t work, nor did the jumpstart using the under hood post coming up from fuse box. After verifying with both parts & service at dealership I finally called Hyundai Roadside & had it towed to dealer.
Please keep us posted. I hope there is nothing major.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Once you have the external 12 volt source connected, try the reset button again. But something is really wrong for the reset button not to work the first time. Yes, on the HEV, the 12 volt battery is under the rear seat. It is bolted to the side of the main traction battery but can be replaced separately. On the HEV, the battery is covered under the powertrain warranty.

The PHEV lead acid battery may have a separate warranty but is not part of the car warranty.

·
Registered
380 Posts
If the lights come on when you open the door, especially if they're on when you open the door and are connected to somebody else's 12V system via the jumper posts, then the issue could be that the key fob battery (or the fob itself) is dead. Try the other fob if you have it, if you don't then push the Start button with the key fob you've got with you. There's an RFID reader built into the Start button that will validate a key fob with a dead battery in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts