Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I believe past discussions have indicated that 18s are going to be a tight fit due to the calipers. Cannot help you with specific manufacturers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have 18" wheels from my Santa Fe that the dealer says will fit the Ioniq 5. I have not received my vehicle yet so I can't confirm it will work 100%.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe past discussions have indicated that 18s are going to be a tight fit due to the calipers. Cannot help you with specific manufacturers.
Apparently Norwegians are using 18 inchers

·
Registered
63 Posts
I put 18in steel rims on ours for winters and they fit fine. There seems to be enough space left to maybe squeeze 17in steel rims on, but I'd test it first. I don't think 17in alloys would fit, as those tend to be thicker than steel rims.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I put 18in steel rims on ours for winters and they fit fine. There seems to be enough space left to maybe squeeze 17in steel rims on, but I'd test it first. I don't think 17in alloys would fit, as those tend to be thicker than steel rims.
Looks like 17s do indeed fit. On the Hyundai Canada site it has 17’s listed as an option. This awesome news the price difference beteeen 20 inch tires and 17s are like $150 each. Times that by 4 that’s a significant savings.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks like 17s do indeed fit. On the Hyundai Canada site it has 17’s listed as an option. This awesome news the price difference beteeen 20 inch tires and 17s are like $150 each. Times that by 4 that’s a significant savings.
Interesting - they're probably specific Hyundai rims, would be neat to figure out which ones, probably off an existing Hyundai car.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Cool!

In addition you will likely gain lower road noise and in principle better efficiency (although specific tires can vary in both dramatically) because generally wider sidewalls are more flexible reducing rolling resistance.

What you will lose is some maximum handling ability (again in theory), and a change in looks. Current trends are that lower profile tires (larger rims) look better to many.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was getting my TPMS sensors installed earlier today and Nextmod in Markham had aftermarket alloys (hubcentric) for $750/set CDN and also Conti Viking 7 winter tires for $950/set CDN. Both prices including sales tax.

18" Alloys with P235/60r18

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys would18' tires with spec of 245/60 instead of 225 or 235 still be ok on rims, I did notice the Ultimate has 20's with 255...thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
83 Posts
You need to check on the width of the rim. a 245/60r18 will be both wider and higher as well. In general, you don't want wider in the winter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts