Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received delivery of my 2020 Ioniq Electric last week and have been very happy with it so far.

However this weekend after driving about 200 miles I woke up and couldn't unlock my car. The key wasn't working and the app couldn't connect to the car. I'd left the car at 24% battery so didn't understand how could it drain so much overnight.

I managed to get into the car with the mechanical key and open the charging port using the emergency unlock in the boot but when I plugged it in the car didn't receive a charge.

Eventually I managed to get the 12V battery jumped and the car turned back on - and the main battery was still showing as 24%. I then charged the car and the 12V was then also showing as charged.

I've just driven 200miles again and the 12volt battery was almost completely depleted by the trip.

So my question is - isn't the 12V battery meant to charge itself while you're driving? And when the main battery was 24%, why did it allow the 12V battery to die?

Basically I'm wondering if I need to get it looked at as it's faulty or is there something obvious I'm missing.

Many thanks,

Patrick

·
Super Moderator
1,560 Posts
Yes, this is not normal. Go back with it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
That's definitely not normal behaviour for your IONIQ. The car should charge the 12V battery anytime the vehicle is on. Sounds like the charge circuit for the 12V has failed. Don't believe that we've heard of this problem before on the forum.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The 12V charger obviously isn't doing its thing. There could be a blown fuse or a bad contact, at any rate a dealer should find out the reason for any symptoms that are present.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts