Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased Ioniq 5 April 2022.
It’s now been sitting at the dealer for 2.5 weeks.
12-volt battery won’t hold charge.
Hyundai tech and customer service not helpful. Nothing but circular bureaucracy.

·
Registered
281 Posts
There are some posts on this forum about this issue. It could be related to a battery drain from the charging port, bluelink, etc, sulfated battery, or simply bad battery. If at the dealer, ask them to check for those things.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you guys - except my SEL will have been at the dealer for 4 weeks come Nov. 28.
I live in FL and covered under FL Lemon Law, and have hired a Lemon Law law firm that specializes in only LL cases.
I went through the process of filing my own LL paperwork but didn't know whether I'd be able to receive the full amount I
paid for the car (including markup, dealership fee, taxes, etc.). I prefer having representation by someone that has done
this many times. I was told that the manufacturer pays my attorney fees almost all the time.
Initially I was told the dealer replaced the battery harness, then was told a week later they replaced the dash panel harness.
After doing this they have to have the dash recalibrated so they can set the mileage back to the actual mileage of the car instead
of 00000. I was told this would be done, only to then be told they don't have the software to update the panel and they don't
know how long it will take for Hyundai to get this done.
I've decided to move on if I can get all my money back. LL law firm told me it would take probably 3-4 weeks for Hyundai to
respond to the lawsuit, so to be patient. It will probably take longer than that for a settlement, but the dealer gave me a loaner
so hopefully they don't ask for it back.
There are quite a few members with this same problem, and as far as I know, none of them (in the U.S.) have gotten to the root of the problem.

So if you're tired of waiting for a fix, you may want to look up how LL works in your state. Maybe even hire an attorney like I have.

·
Registered
2022 Ionic 5 Limited 2 wheel drive
14 Posts
Here is the latest from my dealer on the 12 V battery issue.;

We’ve verified the Draw does go away after disconnecting the AVN (Radio) Unit based on a recommendation from engineering.
The AVN Unit is currently on back order with no ETA.
We are working to establish an ETA and i will forward to you as soon as I know.
II will make arrangements to reserve a rental vehicle for and contact you with confirmation information in just a moment.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 SE
51 Posts
Wow - this is the first I've heard the Radio Unit being the possible culprit.
Obviously the radio unit does more than just radio -- but the fact they want to replace it is suspicious.
Is it really the unit, or something with the software.

·
Registered
23 Cyber Gray Limited AWD
122 Posts
Here is the latest from my dealer on the 12 V battery issue.;

We’ve verified the Draw does go away after disconnecting the AVN (Radio) Unit based on a recommendation from engineering.
The AVN Unit is currently on back order with no ETA.
We are working to establish an ETA and i will forward to you as soon as I know.
II will make arrangements to reserve a rental vehicle for and contact you with confirmation information in just a moment.
Here is a sample of what is considered to be part of AVN (example for AWD):
I guess some components could be ruled out by just unplugging them. For example, @Hodog16 just showed us in some detail how to detach the USB assembly: Illustrated guide to replacing Carplay/Android USB port. Odds are it is the head unit or the display (software or hardware), or possibly a wiring or connnector problem, but who knows.

Bluetooth hands free calling is part of the AVN System. Only the limited trim has the separate BOSE amplifier under the rear seat, unless amplifier [4] is something else. AVN System Description: click on image to make readable
Font Rectangle Circle Parallel Pattern

Font Rectangle Number Screenshot Parallel

AVN System components and locations
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Hood

Some of the main AVN fuses:
Rectangle Font Line Slope Parallel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts