Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I randomly went to AAP today and saw a big poster in front of the store

I quickly ask the cashier how is the rebate work. "It will take $15 off instantly and you only pay 13.99" She reply.

OMG!!! How many of them I can buy? Is there any limitation?

"No, sir"

OMG!!! How many of them do you have?

"You can have a look at the shelf, that's all we have."

I ended up bought all of them.

I'm feeling lucky today.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Great price! I've been buying Quaker State at Walmart, about $20 after rebate for five quarts. From the reading that I've done, QS is on par with Mobil One. I'll look into Pennzoil and Advanced Auto.

Let me just give you one caveat with the 5 qt bottle. My first change was at a dealer and they overfilled it, I think by a half quart, with the 5 qt bottle I gave them (with my own filter). Hasn't caused any problems that I know of and the dipstick level has not changed over 10,000 miles. They gave me back the balance of the 5 qt bottle - perhaps half quart left. Still, I'd prefer it exactly right, but the manufacturer probably has enough tolerance for the slight overfill.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me just give you one caveat with the 5 qt bottle. My first change was at a dealer and they overfilled it, I think by a half quart, with the 5 qt bottle I gave them (with my own filter). Hasn't caused any problems that I know of and the dipstick level has not changed over 10,000 miles. They gave me back the balance of the 5 qt bottle - perhaps half quart left. Still, I'd prefer it exactly right, but the manufacturer probably has enough tolerance for the slight overfill.
I always change the oil myself. Ioniq take only just a little over 4 qt, not even 4.25. I know the manual said 4.5qt, but for some reason it always take only just a little over 4qt. Maybe I didn't wait long enough to drain all the used oil, may be the car was on a slight incline, so the oil is not completely drained. I don't know.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great price! I've been buying Quaker State at Walmart, about $20 after rebate for five quarts. From the reading that I've done, QS is on par with Mobil One. I'll look into Pennzoil and Advanced Auto.
In my opinions, Motor oil is commodity. I don't care about the brand. It is not Apple vs Microsoft nor iPhone vs Samsung. As long as the viscosity and the grade matched what the manual called for and it is certify by the API, I'm good.

I've use so many brand so far, Harvoline, Valvoline, Amazon Basic, QS, Mobil, etc, never notice any different other than how good they design the bottle. :D

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I always change the oil myself. Ioniq take only just a little over 4 qt, not even 4.25. I know the manual said 4.5qt, but for some reason it always take only just a little over 4qt. Maybe I didn't wait long enough to drain all the used oil, may be the car was on a slight incline, so the oil is not completely drained. I don't know.
I think the 4.5 qt is dry (new) capacity. My motorcycle has a different rating for a dry sump versus an oil change. From my experience so far, 4 qts for an oil change is about right. I'd start there, drive for a day and adjust. But it is hard to do that accurately from a 5 qt container.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
yticolev
Hyundai IONIQ Forum
A community of Hyundai Ioniq enthusiasts discussing the electric acceleration & reliability of the Hyundai ioniq hybrid.
Full Forum Listing