Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I bought an IONIQ5 about a month ago. The last few times I’ve brought it to Electrify America to charge, I get “charging unsuccessful” errors multiple times. I’m sometimes able to get it to work after plugging and unplugging it 5-10 times, but it’s extremely obnoxious as I’m sure you can imagine. Is this common? Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've had trouble with EA at random times. Chargepoint and EVgo have been 100% good.
3 charges ago I cleaned the 2 big DC connectors with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. Checked with voltmeter first to make sure the car was not going to try and kill me;)
q-tip came out with a darkish color. I wonder just how clean the connectors are on public chargers? And how worn out hey are.
Of course I'm sure there can be many reasons why a charge would fail. But cleaning the connectors is about the only thing I can do.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD, Lucid Blue with Gray/White Interior
105 Posts
I have been charging at EA stations many times, and had a problem just once. Went to another location and it worked. Have you tried getting help from EA customer support when you ran into an issue?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Watch this very informative video from a “OG” EV owner that has logged many miles (150k) on his 2017 Bolt mostly using DC fast Chargers. He talks about his method of charging to avoid many of the pitfalls with the EA chargers and BEVs. Spoiler it’s all in the handshake🤝, don’t rush it and provide support literally✊ I use a very similar technique but use RFID/EA apple wallet instead to activate charger. (Always make sure the EA app is logged in prior to using RFID.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts