Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

Spotted

638K views 1K replies 249 participants last post by  ajiom 
#1 · (Edited)
if we keep this for spotted Ioniqs in the wild

please don't post full reg numbers, exact locations etc as some people like myself don't like that level of information being posted online

colour, model if known, first part of reg , town, or motorway and junction should be fine and enough for the driver to work out if it was them

#3 ·
I saw my first Ioniq EV (white) on the road, in Auray (Southern Brittany, France) whilst talking to chap about his BMW I3 Rex and the Ioniq EV I had on test for half a day. Incidentally, he was very pleased with his, but did not seriously consider it up any real long distance trips with a very maximum of a 100 kms electric. Interestingly he had bought it second hand for a little less than the new Ioniq would be.

PS Will post my thoughts on the Ioniq EV test tomorrow.

#7 ·
In England we have a saying "you wait a long time for a bus to come and then two come along together.". Having waited 3 months to see an Ioniq then I saw 2 on the same day, but it was the same car in two places. Pehaps the owner had been to the local Hyundai dealer in Bexhill.

#8 ·
We don't have that saying as far as I know, but we do know the pattern.

#11 ·
I don't know, take with a grain of salt, but my 19 year old son said he saw an Ioniq hybrid on the road here near Tucson yesterday. I told him "no way", in disbelief. But he said it had California plates, where it is now available, and I showed him a picture of what it looks like and he said that was exactly it because he remembers the very cool looking rear of the car. I then proceeded to chastise him for not waving them down and inviting them over for dinner so we could look at it and ask them if we could test drive it lol.

#13 ·
I know that Canadians finally got their first look not too long ago in Montreal at the industry show their and then most recently at this years industry show in Toronto.

Still sucks they have a longer wait since that market's make-up is closer to the UK and Euro markets than the rest of North America

#21 ·
Ive been looking for them since December and got mine in January. So far no one in my area has one. I like that though. If you have a look at members map, you can see why they are so hard to spot.

#19 ·
they are rare at the moment , but hyundai are breeding them as quick as possible in south korea and shipping them areound the world to establish colony's in many different countries,

at the moment i think noah and his ark may have been quicker :)

#25 ·
Yesterday, I participated in an attempt to break the Guinness Book of Records record of the longest cue of electric vehicles. We managed to gather about 750 vehicles, among which also segways, Trikke's, buses, moto's to do a 4km track. I saw about 10 Ioniq EV's among the vehicles. Was nice to talk to the other owners, they all love to drive the Ioniq! There seem to be ordered, since November, 2.300 Ioniq EV's in the Netherlands of which about half has been delivered.

There were also cars like a Citroen DS and a Diane station wagon which were converted to full electric cars by their owners, and self-built electric cars. For an impression visit E-Parade

#26 ·
K so bf has spotted 2 ioniqs in Stoke on Trent today... one silver and one iron grey... didn't get plates. But I don't think anyone here's from Stoke?

I'm still enjoying the uniqueness in south Derbyshire and south Nottinghamshire.. I'll be gutted when that's ruined :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.