Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

Couple Questions UK Ioniq

6K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  Britman 
#1 ·
Hi.

I currently own a Seat Leon TDI 2.0. Im looking at ditching it a moving to a brand new Hyundai Hybrid, but I just have a couple of questions regarding it....

Im looking at the Ioniq Hybrid Prem SE

1) The start up and ignition shut down... can you turn off the jingle?

2) In my seat I can hold down the open and close door buttons and it also opens/closes windows.. does this work in this car?

3) on average.. how much is it to fill the tank in this car

4) Do the 17" alloys make a difference in MPG etc?

5) leather seats... are they horrid on the summer or does the AC vented seats work well?

Really appreciate you help on this.
Many thanks :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi.

I currently own a Seat Leon TDI 2.0. Im looking at ditching it a moving to a brand new Hyundai Hybrid, but I just have a couple of questions regarding it....

Im looking at the Ioniq Hybrid Prem SE

1) The start up and ignition shut down... can you turn off the jingle?

2) In my seat I can hold down the open and close door buttons and it also opens/closes windows.. does this work in this car?

3) on average.. how much is it to fill the tank in this car

4) Do the 17" alloys make a difference in MPG etc?

5) leather seats... are they horrid on the summer or does the AC vented seats work well?

Really appreciate you help on this.
Many thanks /forum/images/IoniqForum/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
Hi and welcome to the forum. I have a PHEV Premium SE so can answer a couple of questions.

1) The start-up jingle cannot be muted, but you'll get used to it.

2) The windows do not have global opening/closing.

3) Cannot remember with my PHEV because it was that long ago that I filled the tank. 9000 miles and only filled up 4 times.

4) The wider the tyre the less economic it is. As 16" wheels are narrower than 17" wheels they are more economical (16" that is).

5) The leather seats are fantastic, does not take long for them to cool when seat ventilation is turned on in conjunction with air conditioning.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

#6 ·
When I swapped from a Prius to the Ioniq, there were several features the Ioniq didn’t have that I thought I would really miss.
To be honest, in the end I didn’t.
The Ioniq does have lots of features that the Prius didn’t have ???

Reactions: IoniqLeon
#24 ·
The Insight is odd looking around the haunches, it is also considerably larger overall than the Ioniq. In June,I drove from San Francisco via Lake Tahoe to LA,1100 miles, in total, and saw not one Ioniq. I saw one in Orlando in the 4 days I was there at the end of the month.

#26 ·
I had the 2017 Ioniq 15 inch wheels unfortunately it spent more time in the garage with battery problems liking it so much I traded the car in for the 2019 model now no further battery problems but to get the great deal I ended up purchasing the Ioniq with the 17 inch wheels. I have driven both cars over approximately the same distance with the 15 inch wheels giving 68.7 miles to the gallon (British) and the 17 inch wheels giving 63.1 miles to the gallon I also read there is a difference of approximately a 10% difference between the to sizes which these figures seem to bear out.
The ride is slightly firmer especially over speed bumps but the difference in the handling and comfort under normal road conditions would not sway me one way or the other between the 15 or 17 inch wheels
The 17 inch wheels are slightly easier to wash than the 15 inch but remember there is very little brake dust as the majority of braking is done under battery regeneration I haven't used any wheel cleaner since driving the Ioniq.
I believe the majority of people buying the Ioniq are buying Ioniq with fuel economy in mind working on my figures I will need to buy I extra tank of fuel every 11.25 fill ups to cover the same distance coverd by the 15 inch wheels
I like the Ioniq and I have recommend it to my friend who is picking up his new Ioniq tomorrow and on my recommendation his car has the 15 inch wheels

#30 ·
If you got a stonking deal, it would take a whole lot of miles @5mpg difference to equal your purchase price saving .More selection of 17 inch tyres than there are for 15 inch, these days.

Reactions: bluecar1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.