Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

Photos of lights at night

41K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  leedebs 
#1 ·
Might seem a strange request, but would someone who has the bixenon lights take a photo of them on at night showing the beam pattern on dipped and main beam please?

Also a shot of the dash lit up at night would be great.

Many thanks.

#6 · (Edited)
They look bright as well, but not overpowering. Those came with it?
They look somewhat brighter on the picture (long exposure time) than real life. It's an extra to choose when ordering the car. Foot well lights, white or blue, front: 150 euro's, rear 150 euro's. I did the front lights only, blue car, blue lights.
Of course you can do it yourself, but you need to know what to buy and where to connect (I don't). These leds lite and fade slowly, I think synchronous to the exterior lighting under the side-mirrors, which is very nice.

RitchieDan, where are those manuals you mentioned?

#10 ·
Might seem a strange request, but would someone who has the bixenon lights take a photo of them on at night showing the beam pattern on dipped and main beam please?
I have tried several times to get you a decent shot but it is virtually impossible using the camera in my phone. The intensity of the lights is so high that I need better exposure control to get it right.

Attachments

#12 ·
Just to clarify: the led light/strip along the outer edge of the main light housing is always on. The high and low beam both emanate from the same bulb inside the main housing. Towards the center, on the inside of this main bulb, there is the orange turn signal light. The row of led lights down below are used both as daytime driving lights and as parking lights. Overall, a nice lay-out and a very powerful light pattern from the xenon-lights.

#13 ·

Attachments

#17 ·
Awesome Mxhans! Thanks for going to the effort. :)

Lights look great.

I have to say, I wish the law were better over here on enforcing clean and working lights. Number of motorbikes out in the sticks that suddenly appear as cars is alarming! My golf is filthy, but the Windows, lights and plates get a bucket and brush over them every few days.

#19 ·
Can anyone post any pics of the side mirror puddle lights and what the side turn signal indicators look like (is it just a flashing LED on the cover, or does is have a flashing arrow, or like 3 "moving" animated flashing arrows integrated into the glass, etc)?

#26 ·
Hmmm.. seems there are different possibilities here.

If I use the button on the remote key to unlock the car, the puddle and handle lights always go on and, at night, the headlights go on if I left the lighting in the 'auto' position.

However, if I don't use the remote (keyless-entry) and approach the car with the remote key in my pocket, the mirrors unfold and courtesy lights go on only if I had left the car with mirror-folding in position 'auto'. If the mirror-fold button is not in 'auto' position, the lights won't come on when approaching the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.