Gray/beige interior - Hyundai Ioniq Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 25-04-17, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Gray/beige interior

Hi folks, is someone here that has got a IONIQ car with the light interior (grey/beige)?
I'm looking for someone who can tell me if the light interior is an issue with the sun reflex. I have in mind a marina blue IONIQ with maybe the light interior, but I don't like if the sun reflexes on my front window, so I ask you...
Thank you in advance for your kind answer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 25-04-17, 04:49 PM

Garage
This is no issue. Have a grey interior in my HEV Premium SE and this is much better than black. Dont see dust and dirt on grey and reflection in front windscreen is minimal.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 25-04-17, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply! Fine... considering the light interior color for my next car. Actually I also have light gray interior, but the dashboard top is black (the underpart and the seats are light grey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 26-04-17, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Nobody has a marina blue IONIQ with light gray/beige interiors?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 26-04-17, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Yes I do, but I don't really understand the question. Maybe that is because I never noticed anything like that?

2016 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Comfort Marina Blue
Previous car: 2013 Prius Plug In
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-17, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

The problem is that in some sun conditions it seem that you have the gray/beige dash reflected on the front window... driving in these conditions is like to have a dirty front window or driving in the fog...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-17, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
It is not very light grey. I checked it now. If you do your best you can see the reflection, but normally I do not notice it.

2016 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Comfort Marina Blue
Previous car: 2013 Prius Plug In
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-17, 02:17 AM

Garage
I also have the grey / beige interior (pic in garage section). The first part of the dash, closest to the windshield, is black. I suppose this reduces this from happening. I too have had no issues with dash reflection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-17, 08:28 AM

Garage
First poster here. Just took delivery of my Ioniq on Thursday night 5/4. Mine is silver with a beige interior and yes, I'm getting some reflection issues. I'm not sure if it's because the interior is light, if it's because the exterior is light, or both, but I had a similar problem in the 2015 Tucson that I traded, and I eventually got used to it and was able to ignore it (able to distinguish between what was reflection and what was something I actually needed to worry about in front of me, without thinking about it). I'm hoping I will be able to do so with the Ioniq in time as well.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-17, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
the strange honeycomb pattern on the dash seems very good at preventing reflections in the windscreen / windshield

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page