Doors now all unlock with fob or bottom on driver door - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ds093

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 17-05-19, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Doors now all unlock with fob or bottom on driver door

I swear when I bought my 2018 PHEV when I pressed the button on the driver door it only unlocked that door, and I then had to press the unlock button on the inside of the door to let my passenger in, or if I used the fob one press or unlock only opened the driver door and two presses unlocked all the doors. I’m not sure when it changed, but now all the doors unlock when I press the fob button once, or when I press the button on the driver door. Is this a setting somewhere? The updates I’ve done are:
-one the dealer did to fix a glitch that made it show the EV range in miles (though it said KM), that affected all the PHEV’s in Canada
-one I did to update the nav software with recent maps etc, but I think it was unlocking all doors before that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 17-05-19, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Found it... “2 press unlock” in the doors settings. Funny I don’t remember ever turning that off. It must have happened with one of those updates.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 17-05-19, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Hah, also just realized that I could press the button on the driver door twice to open all doors when in that mode. I thought only the fob could do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 17-05-19, 03:33 PM

All my doors unlock when pressing the handle button or the fob button...

Cheshire UK
Ioniq Premium SE HEV
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 18-05-19, 05:58 AM

Location: Southampton, darn sarf of the UK, where you get your feet wet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchiten View Post
Mine too!

Simon Evans
2018 Pearl White PHEV
gone is the 2017 Premium SE Hybrid Black - good riddance to that corporate signwriting!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 18-05-19, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchiten View Post
All mine open with one button push. Could this be another regional difference as we don't know where the OP is situated.

2019 Polar White HEV Premium,
previously 2017 Polar White HEV SE
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 18-05-19, 07:55 PM

Garage
In the US that can be set in the menu. Either one press to open all doors or one press to open driver door and two press to open all doors. You can also set weather the mirrors dip in reverse. I imagine when a software update is performed everything returns to factory default and factory default for the doors is the two press to open all doors.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 22-05-19, 05:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorj View Post
In the US that can be set in the menu. Either one press to open all doors or one press to open driver door and two press to open all doors. You can also set weather the mirrors dip in reverse. I imagine when a software update is performed everything returns to factory default and factory default for the doors is the two press to open all doors.

Where in the menu can you find that?

Ioniq Hybrid Style - see it in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 22-05-19, 07:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by niclariv View Post
Found it... “2 press unlock” in the doors settings. Funny I don’t remember ever turning that off. It must have happened with one of those updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niclariv View Post
Hah, also just realized that I could press the button on the driver door twice to open all doors when in that mode. I thought only the fob could do that.
Yup, seems to be that way on North American models at least; factory default is generally the two-press. I actually went in and changed it to single-press myself. Where abouts are you from @niclariv ? Could you please add your location to your profile by clicking on User CP and at the top right then, Edit Your Details on the left? It helps you get best answers for your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorj View Post
In Canada too. Not sure if we have a setting for the dipping mirrors or not...the easiest way to control whether they dip or not is to move the rocker mirror control switch; left or right they dip, centre (neutral) they don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zladuric View Post
Where in the menu can you find that?
On the main dash settings. On the right of your steering wheel press the top left button to go to settings, then use the toggle below that button to go through the menus. I think it's either under Door or Convenience Settings, if the Ioniq in your region is equipped with such a setting; but it may be unique to North America.
zladuric likes this.

Paul W | 2017 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Ltd 6-speed dual clutch automatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous:
2013 Desert Bronze Hyundai Elantra GL 6-spd auto (13-17)
2010 Indigo Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L GL 6-spd manual (10-13)
2008 Black Hyundai Accent GL 5-spd manual (08-10)
2001 White Kia Rio 5-spd manual (05-08)
1996 Royal Blue (purple) Hyundai Accent GLS 4-spd auto (01-05)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 23-05-19, 03:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds093 View Post
On the main dash settings. On the right of your steering wheel press the top left button to go to settings, then use the toggle below that button to go through the menus. I think it's either under Door or Convenience Settings, if the Ioniq in your region is equipped with such a setting; but it may be unique to North America.

Thanks, found that.

Ioniq Hybrid Style - see it in

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in