Has Anyone Else Experienced Delay In Delivery Date - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 23-04-19, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Has Anyone Else Experienced Delay In Delivery Date

This is the forth Ioniq, I've ordered from three dealerships. I was told I could pick the car up on Monday the 29th and the car would be delivered yesterday.

This morning I'm told the car is still at sea, delayed due to adverse weather and will be delivered on the 10th May. It's like groundhog day for me. I cancelled 3 cars already for dealer delivery issues of one kind or another.

I'm biting my lip or I'll but a Prius, I hear Yoda saying "patience you must have"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 23-04-19, 02:44 PM

Mine was delayed by around 3 weeks.

Cheshire UK
Ioniq Premium SE HEV
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 23-04-19, 03:01 PM

I ordered my Ioniq on 13th October '18. It was supposed to built on 29th November. This was put back to 14th December.
UK bound ships set sail roughly once a fortnight, stopping in many other countries on the way where they can wait days to load/unload.
Once offloaded it took around a 10 days to get from Tilbury to Basingstoke and a further two or three days for my dealer to do a pre delivery check.
Eventually I took delivery on 11th February, about a month after my quoted day.

The bottom line is Hyundai can't build them quick enough and there is a lot of potential for delays once it leaves the production line.

Speaking from experience, do be patient and bite your lip. You won't be disappointed.

Hybrid Ioniq Premium SE 2018/19 Intense Blue
Nissan Qashqai Tekna diesel
Honda Civic diesel
Citroen C5 Estate diesel
Renault Laguna estate petrol
Rover 214 petrol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 23-04-19, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickledo View Post
I ordered my Ioniq on 13th October '18. It was supposed to built on 29th November. This was put back to 14th December.
UK bound ships set sail roughly once a fortnight, stopping in many other countries on the way where they can wait days to load/unload.
Once offloaded it took around a 10 days to get from Tilbury to Basingstoke and a further two or three days for my dealer to do a pre delivery check.
Eventually I took delivery on 11th February, about a month after my quoted day.

The bottom line is Hyundai can't build them quick enough and there is a lot of potential for delays once it leaves the production line.

Speaking from experience, do be patient and bite your lip. You won't be disappointed.
If that was me, I would have said wait to the 1st March and put it on a 19 plate.

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 23-04-19, 03:21 PM

Ordered mine in January, was told it would be here end of April. Just been told it hasn't left the factory yet.

Out of curiosity @BlueBaron , what colour did you order?
BlueBaron likes this.

Hybrid Premium in Lave Orange, arriving in May (or maybe not)
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 23-04-19, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
@BlueBaron ,

ask for the ship name, it is on

we are old hands at tracking ships

Morning Linda docked at tilbury roro this morning
BlueBaron likes this.

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

Last edited by bluecar1; 23-04-19 at 03:33 PM.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 23-04-19, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcF View Post
Ordered mine in January, was told it would be here end of April. Just been told it hasn't left the factory yet.

Out of curiosity @BlueBaron , what colour did you order?
Silver.

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 23-04-19, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
@BlueBaron ,

ask for the ship name, it is on

we are old hands at tracking ships

Morning Linda docked at tilbury roro this morning
Just sent a message asking

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 23-04-19, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
Just sent a message asking
normally takes 4-7 days from ship docking to vehicles arriving at the dealer, then a few days for PDI / prep

so 10th of may would indicate a ship docking early next week

will see if I can find one in the system about then, a name would cut the time down

the dealers can find out the name, it just takes a bit of work on their part
BlueBaron likes this.

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 23-04-19, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

The salesman just sent me a message, saying it doesn't know and as never been asked that before. He asked why would I need to know that.

He wasn't very happy! LOL
bluecar1 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page