Has Anyone Else Experienced Delay In Delivery Date - Page 3 - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 26-04-19, 03:28 AM

Old history now, but I ordered my BEV Premium SE in September 2017. Took delivery in June 2018. For me it was not a problem as I was running down the lease on my then existing car. The lease on the new BEV is 30 months, which means it ends in December 2020. Whilst that seems a long way away, it means in reality, I will have to think about placing my order for my next BEV in January 2020, which is only 9 months away!. I personally believe, that until electric cars become more main stream and the battery manufacturers [if that is going to be the technology] can keep up with the demand, then this is how it is going to be for the next few years. Hyundai created a monster with the BEV Ioniq and has failed to control this monster due to the amazing success and price point of this vehicle. I guess currently, we have to be prepared to play this waiting game, if we want to invest in the future!

IoniqWatford. Electric Premium SE.
Ordered September 2017, Shipped May 2018 and Delivered June 2018. Platinum Silver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 26-04-19, 06:01 AM

Garage
@WatfordIoniq Can't you extend your lease a bit? Having to chose your next car in jan 2020 will limit your options a bit, as the more serious cars will come out at the end of 202, beginning 2021.

I ordered my BEV Ioniq sept 2018 and was told it would arrive feb 2019. But around december 2018 I got the message that the car was delayed until may 2019. I was not going to accept that, so they looked for options and found my current Intense Blue Ioniq. Sadly it was not the same trim, but it had almost everything I wanted (except for heated seats). So far I've put 5500 Kms on it since I took delivery and had to fast-charge twice.
WatfordIoniq likes this.

Ioniq EV Comfort, Intense Blue
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 26-04-19, 09:18 PM

To the OP - rather than, "Has Anyone Else Experienced Delay In Delivery Date" a more appropriate title might be "Has Anyone NOT Experienced Delay in Delivery Date".

Just reading through the responses, and in our experience, sure, you don't have to wait, at least here in the Northeast US...as long as you are OK with whatever color is available (well, some say black and white are colors--those are your two choices for in-stock Ioniqs around here)Ö.and you are not particular what trim level you get (usually not the high end trims)....and you don't want a white interior (as shown in the PHEV teaser brochure, but not available in any event, only black)...and if you don't mind an HEV instead of a PHEV...the dealer has exactly the car for you right now!

Outside of those boundaries, it's a factory order, and it takes as long as it takes. Our PHEV arrived more or less on-time, in the color and trim level specified. In their defense, the dealer warned us it would be a factory order, and it would take several months. So they set a low bar, and when the car showed up in only 12-16 weeks, everyone was pleased.

2019 Ioniq PHEV, Limited, Ultimate package, Delivered 17-01-19.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 29-04-19, 07:40 AM

Garage
I ordered my PHEV end of July, collected in mid December .
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-19, 02:33 AM

Just need to come to the states pretty sure they had 2 in intense blue - blue trim know they had every trim option and most if not all the colors now getting it back home might be the tricky part. But really that sucks they dont have more available where you guys are at I see Prius's every where I go. And I've seen two ionic's on the road since I got mine they are not selling great here think people are scared to test the new technology. And keep buying the ugly Prius's lol. And listen to Yoda and wait it out but make sure the dealer is not just taking you for a ride I've heard of cars not getting sold to certain areas because stock was to be sold to this rich area person found out after months of trying to get the car. But love my ionic after you hit 600miles "engine break in length for the states suggest having some fun in sports mode!

2019 Ioniq Blue - HEV - Intense Blue
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-19, 04:21 AM

Location: Southampton, darn sarf of the UK, where you get your feet wet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
The salesman just sent me a message, saying it doesn't know and as never been asked that before. He asked why would I need to know that.

He wasn't very happy! LOL

Try this for an answer:

"Because if I don't find out, and can verify, I will cancel the order..."

It's none of his goddammed business WHY you want to know, it's only his business to satisfy your requirements. And this is one of them...

I've never had this from my local dealer, it just gets DONE.
BlueBaron likes this.

Simon Evans
2018 Pearl White PHEV
gone is the 2017 Premium SE Hybrid Black - good riddance to that corporate signwriting!
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-19, 11:32 AM

Delayed ionic EV

First delivery in May, know somewhere around juli
Mayby it is beter to wait for the new visioen off the ionic EV

Jan Liemburg
Holland
Moterbiker, Suzuki gsx 600 RR
Merida racebike
Trek MTB bike

Ioniq EV 05/2019
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-19, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Mayby it is beter to wait for the new visioen off the ionic EV
Probably

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-19, 12:56 PM

Garage
Hi !
This is our first post !

Our Premium was ordered on 1st April ( Yes...it was a foolish day to order it...)..
Quoted 10-14 days for delivery...Dealer paperwork said 23rd...

On the 9th April we got an email reply to our request for a delivery update ;
" At the moment there seems to be a delay and your car is showing Early May to Mid-May. I canít remember what day we estimated ? Currently on its way on the boat from Korea, there was a memo about the battery packs on the Ioniq, so that might be the issue"

Finally, email on 2nd May..saying delivery due 7th May, our collection booked in for 8th May .
Looking forward to learning the hybrid driving experience, especially we have sold our "modern car" for the Ioniq, and have been using my American car that does 16mpg !.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-19, 02:15 PM

I for one would be interested on the memo regarding hybrid battery packs...

Cheshire UK
Ioniq Premium SE HEV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page