Has Anyone Else Experienced Delay In Delivery Date - Page 2 - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 24-04-19, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
The salesman just sent me a message, saying it doesn't know and as never been asked that before. He asked why would I need to know that.

He wasn't very happy! LOL
you can share with him the schedule attached

its the list of Ships from ULSAN (Hyundai's export port) to Tilbury RO-RO terminal (Hyundai's UK import terminal) , not all of these will be Ioniq's, but there will be some on all the ships

in the tracking portal of their system where they can find VIN no.s etc somewhere in the "at sea" information there is the ship name

we know as dealers have provided this for members in the past

you can then use marinetraffic to track the ship on the sea

morning lady seems the most likely given the date of the 10th may for delivery
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ships due may-19.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	29348  
BlueBaron likes this.

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bluecar1; 24-04-19 at 07:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 24-04-19, 08:47 AM

Talking

Sorry, but the chilld in me was wondering who names their ship 'Grand Uranus'
bluecar1 likes this.

2018 Hyundai Ioniq Premium SE Plug-in PHEV in Marina Blue

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 24-04-19, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnm67 View Post
Sorry, but the chilld in me was wondering who names their ship 'Grand Uranus'
Never, ever let go of that child in you!

Hybrid Premium in Lave Orange, arriving in May (or maybe not)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 24-04-19, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
you can share with him the schedule attached
Thanks Bluecar1, I sent him your message and jpg
bluecar1 likes this.

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 24-04-19, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
Thanks Bluecar1, I sent him your message and jpg
This is is reply below...

Haha

Its not in any of our info at all,
And that would be a dangerous tool to give a customer as they are supposed to be 2 weeks ahead of the customer but never are so even if I had access to that like I did at VW I would never hand it out.

DANGEROUS INFORMATION FOR A CUSTOMER HAHA
bluecar1 likes this.

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 25-04-19, 01:47 PM

I was talking to the salesman whilst my wife was dropping off her Kona for service. Whilst discussing when the facelift Ioniq will be here he showed me, on his computer, the availability of current model cars. Mainly base model SEs but lots available depending on colour. I asked what the red flags were for against some specs/colours and was told no more being built so I guess the factory is preparing to build the new model.

2019 Polar White HEV Premium,
previously 2017 Polar White HEV SE
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 25-04-19, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
yep helpful dealer, mine has done something similar in the past for me

just waiting to see what happens with job / location as to whether to go PHEV / EV and whether new or 2nd hand

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 25-04-19, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decro View Post
I was talking to the salesman whilst my wife was dropping off her Kona for service. Whilst discussing when the facelift Ioniq will be here he showed me, on his computer, the availability of current model cars. Mainly base model SEs but lots available depending on colour. I asked what the red flags were for against some specs/colours and was told no more being built so I guess the factory is preparing to build the new model.

I know I'm a long way away in Australia but the car I ordered in Jan 19 is not being built. I have my name on the list for the new facelift version. With no definitive delivery date yet.
bluecar1 likes this.

Dan

Ioniq Premium 2019
Brisbane, Austrailia
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 25-04-19, 06:37 PM

I wouldn’t have the patience to wait months for delivery. Is it common in the UK to buy cars to be delivered right from the factory? Over here the local dealers usually have stock big enough to choose something from, unless you live somewhere in deep country, but then you probably buy a pickup truck. With my Ionic they couldn’t find my preferred trim, option package and color (blue) locally, so I went for the second color choice (white). No biggie, but more difficult to find the car on parking lots. Seems like every other car is white

2018 Ioniq Hybrid SEL with tech pkg

Last edited by Bermah; 25-04-19 at 06:41 PM.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 25-04-19, 11:57 PM
TRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermah View Post
I wouldnít have the patience to wait months for delivery. Is it common in the UK to buy cars to be delivered right from the factory? Over here the local dealers usually have stock big enough to choose something from, unless you live somewhere in deep country, but then you probably buy a pickup truck. With my Ionic they couldnít find my preferred trim, option package and color (blue) locally, so I went for the second color choice (white). No biggie, but more difficult to find the car on parking lots. Seems like every other car is white
In Aus the Ioniq was only released in Dec/January, so no stockpiles of the 2019 version. Looks like weíll wait for the facelift model. And that looks like 2nd half of 2019. Personally Iím not kicking & screaming because extra 100 km battery range thatís supposed to be in 2020 model will make a big difference to me. Hyundai have said to journalists that price will remain same as current model, but Iíll believe that when I see it.
bluecar1 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page