New Ioniq 2019 is out!! - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 17-01-19, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
New Ioniq 2019 is out!!

New Ioniq 2019 Press release and images!

https://www.hyundai.news/eu/model-ne...-connectivity/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Hyundai IONIQ (2).jpg
Views:	471
Size:	673.8 KB
ID:	28474   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Hyundai IONIQ (1).jpg
Views:	474
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	28476   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Hyundai IONIQ (3).jpg
Views:	567
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	28478  

2018 Ioniq HEV Style Polar White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 17-01-19, 02:28 PM

Adjustable regenerative braking... At last!
El Matadurr likes this.

Herto, Gray Iron Ioniq plug-in in North east of France

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 17-01-19, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
yuk

that trendy slap a tablet on the dash media centre

it looks so unfinished, as though the designer got told to include it at the last minute and just blutacked or gaffer taped it to the dash

one of the reasons I got the Ioniq was that everything was properly designed and integrated into the car

and that horrible honeycomb corporate grill, this mirror / corporate front were you can't tell which model is coming towards you was one of the main reasons I left VAG / skoda to get my i20

I just hope I can change mine before this horror reaches the UK
Sari, Smythcolan, Patrick and 7 others like this.

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 18-01-19, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
yuk

that trendy slap a tablet on the dash media centre
I've never been keen on that look myself . They add paddles and then they taketh away

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open

post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 18-01-19, 10:00 AM

It isnít so bad. I actually like it. The award for the ultimate slap on tablet look goes to Tesla Model 3. Adjustable regen level is nice. I would permanently set it to zero

2018 Ioniq Hybrid SEL with tech pkg
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 18-01-19, 11:28 AM

That last minute slap-a-tablet-on-the-dash just looks like, it's Friday afternoon, it's 4 o'clock, let's get to the pub.

One of the reasons we selected an Ioniq hybrid was because the screen was incorporated into the dash.

Other Hyundai models have the "Oh, we nearly forgot to put a screen in, just stick one on there."
Smythcolan and Marcol like this.
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 19-01-19, 03:14 AM

The BMW i3's instrument cluster and navigation screens look really bad - well, the whole car actually!!.
Hybrid_59 likes this.
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 19-01-19, 11:07 AM

Garage
Without better photos I can't really judge the new infotainment screen. Awaiting better/closer pictures or take a look when it arrives at my dealer. So far, I'm quite ok with how it looks. Larger is needed. Doesn't need to make the dash higher. Better so, than like in Byton.

The good thing is driver attention warning, as long as it's not too annoying. Have experienced it in another car. If if false warnings, 10 false is better than one missing. It will probably also detect when you are texting and driving. Will be mandatory in manually driven cars, in a few years, I suppose.

"Low emission areas" featured for the PHEV is brilliant, as long as it can be overridden (I suppose it will). I have sometimes forgot the put it in HEV mode on my way to Oslo. EV cars has none or lower road tolls in Oslo. This opens for that cars with this feature may have the low/zero toll, provided it's in use and on EV all the way through the city.

I also like the new grille. That's Hyuday's real logo. Says: "New Hyundai model".
bluecar1 likes this.

Regards, Knut, driving a 2017 Marina Blue Ioniq Plug-in Premium SE

My home is Fredrikstad/Sarpsborg twin city, in Lower River Glomma local region, in the very south-east of Norway.
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 19-01-19, 12:04 PM

I could get used to the grill, I guess, and the overlarge tablet....but what happened to the center air vents on the dashboard??? If those are gone that's a really bad choice by Hyundai.

Also, I read a review of the 2019 Ioniq and the reviewer noted that the climate controls were now operated via a touch screen...no more dials/knobs. I think I'd miss those too.

I wish Hyundai would address the simple practical stuff, like adding a trunk/cargo release button somewhere on the dashboard. Or adjusting the media center location by a 0.5 inch so that shorties like myself don't have to *lean* toward the dashboard to comfortably reach the screen.

2017 Ioniq Hybrid SEL (Polar White)

Last edited by dryland; 19-01-19 at 12:11 PM.
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 19-01-19, 12:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryland View Post
I wish Hyundai would address the simple practical stuff, like adding a trunk/cargo release button somewhere on the dashboard. Or adjusting the media center location by a 0.5 inch so that shorties like myself don't have to *lean* toward the dashboard to comfortably reach the screen.
Interesting points!

A trunk door release button would be handy, of course, but I haven't found myself missing it either. Not as long as there is no motorized opening mechanism. It's unlocked when the car is, or you are close to it with the keyfob yourself.

The thing with an infotainment screen is that it should not be used by the driver while driving, just briefly viewed at all. The driver should have focus on road and dash, when driving. When at standstill the driver may use the screen and buttons, but then it's not so much problem leaning over a bit to reach it.

I'm all for better screen and buttons layout, but not if that implicates the driver. Things that the driver should need to adjust while driving should go to the dash and steering wheel. Looking at the screen just to confirm things. Or for the use by the passenger.

Regards, Knut, driving a 2017 Marina Blue Ioniq Plug-in Premium SE

My home is Fredrikstad/Sarpsborg twin city, in Lower River Glomma local region, in the very south-east of Norway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page