Dear Hyundai: A thought on marketing the Ioniq - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By cowpuc
  • 1 Post By IonicEV
  • 1 Post By SEvans

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-18, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Dear Hyundai: A thought on marketing the Ioniq

Yesterday, after doing the daily 2 mile walk required by my Cancer Dr. and getting back to where we had parked Trooper, our 2018 Ioniq Blue, my wife and I were approached by a few people who had been reading Trooper's window sticker. After answering their questions pertaining to the magic dust (their words) your engineers must have sprinkled on Trooper that enables him to actually get the claimed average 58 MPG (2 of those people looking at Trooper actually pulled up the attached YouTube video proof of this on their phone - seeing is believing) and, at times, even some +60 mpg miles. There was a moment in our discussion when it occurred to the bystanders that Trooper is a Hybrid and the comment was made that you folks at Hyundai have done an exquisite job of hiding this fact as his "lines" (again - their words) don't show it. After telling them of the smoothness and ease that the Ioniq transitions from ICE to EV, the amount of time that this amazing vehicle is effortlessly making this transition as well as the utilization of things like effortless regenerative braking and the sense of normality found in the ease of transitioning from driving a non-hybrid to driving the worlds most frugal Hybrid in our case, something occurred to me. I cant help but wonder if an exterior little blue LED light display might not be a bad idea. Something that would visually announce to unknowing bystanders/drivers of other cars/trucks/motorcycles = "HEY,, LOOK AT ME,, I AM GIVING MY OWNERS FREE MPG" , via a soft Blue (following with the whole "Blue Drive" scheme) LED light display that engages anytime the battery was being charged or used to power the car.. An announcement of sort that would tell the people around the world as it is being driven that the Ioniq is not just another cool little car but something very very special!! Nothing gaughty,,, something catchy and classic.. Just a thought..

bluecar1 and BlueNev like this.

No longer able to tour on my motorcycle and THAT is when "Trooper" - the AWESOME 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Blue came to our rescue!!

Last edited by cowpuc; 01-11-18 at 01:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-19, 11:00 AM

Ionics are very special cars indeed. Job well done, Hyundai
bluecar1 likes this.

Traded Leaf 15SV(CPO) for Ionic EV19Limited
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-19, 02:27 PM

Location: Southampton, darn sarf of the UK, where you get your feet wet.
SSh! Everyone will want one!
bluecar1 likes this.

Simon Evans
2018 Pearl White PHEV
gone is the 2017 Premium SE Hybrid Black - good riddance to that corporate signwriting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-19, 03:37 PM

Garage
Unfortunately the limited supply and huge demand makes this point somewhat moot. They could easily sell double, triple or even quadruple the number of IONIQs if they were available. The 4 to 6 month waiting list is every car manufacturers dream.

OB

Ou Boet
Langley, BC Canada
2018 IONIQ EV SE (with CCP) in Marina Blue
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Since 16 Feb 2018)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-19, 04:44 PM

Garage
And that will keep our resale values up hopefully

Ioniq HEV Premium white. BRABUS smart forfour turbo black.Porsche 924S Guards Red(what else could it be?), Smart ForFour 1.3 AMT silver, Vindicator Vulcan V8 black, Sinclair C5 off white(and the whole vehicle really is off)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-19, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
resale values here in the UK are not much above average,

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page