What are the top 3 Ioniq improvements on your wishlist? - Page 24 - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #231 of 245 (permalink) Old 15-05-19, 08:48 PM

Eliminate the foot-operated parking brake on the Hybrid and PHEV and replace with the electric parking brake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 245 (permalink) Old 16-05-19, 05:48 AM

Garage
After 6000 Km in the BEV Ioniq I have 3 improvements I'd like to see:
- Charge port on the front as well as a proper frunk to store the cables.
- Trip computer to show consumption. There's 2 separate trip values, but neither show consumption. In my Volvo, I used these 2 trips values to keep track of the long-time consumption, and one for the tank of gas. I reset every time I filled the tank. There's a separate consumption panel in the display for the Ioniq, but that gets reset either everytime you charge, or every trip.
- Preset default settings on some systems. Every day I'm setting sport mode, auto hold, regen off and some other stuff. It's annoying. Then there's other stuff that gets remembered, like eco or normal drive mode (why not sport as well?) and distance setting on the ACC. BTW, I found the one time when it was beneficial to have auto hold off: carwash. Took a while to figure out why the car couldn't get dragged through the carwash

On my car there are some other little things that annoy me, like the rattling rear hatch and the screeching windscreen wipers. I'll get those fixed at the next service.

Ioniq EV Comfort, Intense Blue
post #233 of 245 (permalink) Old 31-05-19, 02:58 PM

Garage
I would have two minor improvements
First is have a couple of 12 sockets or USB ports in the back (request of my daughter).

Second I'd have a mode that meant you'd need to press the unlock button on the car to unlock the doors, rather than just proximity. This would mean I could avoid the possibility of relay attacks without keeping my keys in a metal box.
Patrick likes this.

West Yorkshire, UK.
Ioniq Hybrid Premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #234 of 245 (permalink) Old 31-05-19, 04:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris108 View Post
First is have a couple of 12 sockets or USB ports in the back (request of my daughter).
From the factory this would be nice. But since it isn't, I build something like this into the trunk/boot and pulled a new wire. Hooked it up to its own fuse up front. Can be removed without a trace later.
https://www.amazon.com/Wilson-Electr.../dp/B018ES4Y2E

😃 2017 Hyundai IONIQ Electric Premium 😃

Last edited by Patrick; 31-05-19 at 04:08 PM.
post #235 of 245 (permalink) Old 31-05-19, 05:43 PM

Quote:

Second I'd have a mode that meant you'd need to press the unlock button on the car to unlock the doors, rather than just proximity. This would mean I could avoid the possibility of relay attacks without keeping my keys in a metal box.
Do your doors unlock automatically upon approaching the car or do I misunderstand your post? I need to press the door handle button to unlock the doors. There is no setting anywhere to have the doors unlock when approaching the car. The only setting is to have the first press of the button unlock just driverís door or all doors.
My other car has this cool feature to lock the doors automatically when walking away from the carís proximity zone. It has led me to leave my Ioniq unlocked for a night a number of times. No automatic unlocking, though, and glad of it.

2018 Ioniq Hybrid SEL with tech pkg
post #236 of 245 (permalink) Old 31-05-19, 05:48 PM

Garage
A power passenger seat. Powered open and close rear deck lid. Quieter ICE. Rain sensing wipers. Hood struts - have always thought only cheap cars use a "stick" to hold up the hood. I would very happily give up the sun roof for any or all of these items. Always found a sun roof useless!
bluecar1 likes this.
post #237 of 245 (permalink) Old 31-05-19, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorj View Post
A power passenger seat. Powered open and close rear deck lid. Quieter ICE. Rain sensing wipers. Hood struts - have always thought only cheap cars use a "stick" to hold up the hood. I would very happily give up the sun roof for any or all of these items. Always found a sun roof useless!
All of those items are signs of an inexpensive car! Pick a Lexus or BMW hybrid if you want luxury items found on expensive cars.

Also, I don't think the engine is unusually noisy. Hyundai chose not to add weight and cost with the kind of soundproofing found on more expensive cars with lower efficiency. Noise from the rear wheels is more annoying than engine noise for most Ioniq owners, also from a lack of soundproofing.
Bermah likes this.

2018 Kia Niro LX HEV Metal Stream - identical to Ioniq drivetrain
post #238 of 245 (permalink) Old 31-05-19, 06:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermah View Post
Quote:

Do your doors unlock automatically upon approaching the car or do I misunderstand your post? I need to press the door handle button to unlock the doors. There is no setting anywhere to have the doors unlock when approaching the car. The only setting is to have the first press of the button unlock just driver’s door or all doors.
My other car has this cool feature to lock the doors automatically when walking away from the car’s proximity zone. It has led me to leave my Ioniq unlocked for a night a number of times. No automatic unlocking, though, and glad of it.
The point is that you can unlock it without pressing a button on the key, so it is at risk of relay attacks
Patrick likes this.

West Yorkshire, UK.
Ioniq Hybrid Premium
post #239 of 245 (permalink) Old 31-05-19, 09:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
All of those items are signs of an inexpensive car! Pick a Lexus or BMW hybrid if you want luxury items found on expensive cars.

Also, I don't think the engine is unusually noisy. Hyundai chose not to add weight and cost with the kind of soundproofing found on more expensive cars with lower efficiency. Noise from the rear wheels is more annoying than engine noise for most Ioniq owners, also from a lack of soundproofing.
I disagree. A vehicle that has heated leather seats, power driver's seat, Infinity sound system apparently is not a luxury vehicle so why not the items I mentioned. In the Prius the engine is less noisy! A lot of what makes a luxury vehicle is in people's mind.
post #240 of 245 (permalink) Old 07-06-19, 08:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorj View Post
My Ioniq does have rain sensing wipers, and I don't even have the highest spec (BEV). Doesn't yours? Can't comment on the ICE noise though, the rest would be nice indeed.

Ioniq EV Comfort, Intense Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page