LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 15-06-17, 07:26 AM
BDG

Garage
UK charging Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG View Post
Thanks
Can I pay for the charge, using a payment card, the same way as I pay for my fuel at a filling station, without having to sign up to any provider?
I have found couple of guides that answer most of my EV car charging questions :- http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-a...complete-guide
Electric car charging stations: a complete guide | Carbuyer

Last edited by BDG; 15-06-17 at 07:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 15-06-17, 08:03 AM

Hereís the system we had in Israel 5 years ago provided by the now disappeared Better Place which integrated a route planning system and a nationwide installation of battery switch stations where we could exchange batteries in around 5 mins while sitting in the car.

Route planning:

My first ever time through a battery switch. Did this hundreds of times after that until the company failed 3 years ago.

post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 18-06-17, 03:11 PM

Why pay for EV charging at all ?? In B.C. Canada we have FREE charging stations in most areas. See https://www.plugshare.com/ --- We simply plug in while shopping, attending functions, exploring, or while travelling. I have yet to plug my new Ioniq EV in at home. I often plug in at a close by station, then go for a walk or coffee etc. Range has not been a problem at all - Getting approximately 279 kms . It's actually fun locating stations and shopping and exploring new areas. I really enjoy driving by my local gas station and waving to them with a big smile. Fuel for FREE !!! -- Can't beat it !! LUV IT !!
Jan Treur likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 18-06-17, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Some 4 or 5 years ago we also had many charging points with free charging. But after a while they started to ask money for it.

2016 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Comfort Marina Blue
Previous car: 2013 Prius Plug In
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 19-06-17, 06:48 AM

Location: Southampton, darn sarf of the UK, where you get your feet wet.
Same business model in the UK Ecotricity got the contract for motorway service stations based on free charging, then as soon as they had a large number of charging points installed, the commercial model changed...

Simon Evans
2018 Pearl White PHEV
gone is the 2017 Premium SE Hybrid Black - good riddance to that corporate signwriting!
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 23-10-18, 11:51 AM

check this website
It provides a charging plan with charging suggestion
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 23-10-18, 11:52 AM

www evtripmap com
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 23-10-18, 01:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOBBY1 View Post
Why pay for EV charging at all ?? In B.C. Canada we have FREE charging stations in most areas. See https://www.plugshare.com/ --- We simply plug in while shopping, attending functions, exploring, or while travelling. I have yet to plug my new Ioniq EV in at home. I often plug in at a close by station, then go for a walk or coffee etc. Range has not been a problem at all - Getting approximately 279 kms . It's actually fun locating stations and shopping and exploring new areas. I really enjoy driving by my local gas station and waving to them with a big smile. Fuel for FREE !!! -- Can't beat it !! LUV IT !!
Not all L2 charge stations are free here in BC, and it seems to me that every week or two, another one is starting bill for a charge. L3 chargers are almost always a pay deal, but are SO fast.

I charge almost exclusively at home because I don't have time to wait hours for a charge while on the go during the day. That and the fact that I paid $336 in electrical costs to drive 20,000 km means that the time saved to charge while I sleep was well worth it.

OB

Ou Boet
Langley, BC Canada
2018 IONIQ EV SE (with CCP) in Marina Blue
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Since 16 Feb 2018)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page