1 year 80k review - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 8Likes
  • 6 Post By Rideshare
  • 1 Post By Ou Boet
  • 1 Post By Rideshare

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-05-19, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

1 year 80k review

Hello everyone. So I've had the ioniq for a year about two weeks now and here is my review.

I drive for Uber in Ottawa and this is my first electric car. The car has given me zero trouble expect for the blower motor needing to be replaced at around 50k due to a defect.

In the summer the most I got in range was 270 km.

When it was -40 for the whole month in January, I got 130km. This definitely made me dislike the car and made me wish I went with the leaf. But it is what it is.

The car is very comfortable. I am 5'11 which is g my fault and I'm 350 pounds which is my fault. I do around 4-5 hour shifts twice a day and the car seats are pretty good. Wish I went up a trim to get lumber support thought but oo well next time.

Top speed is 180kmph tested. Very strudy car. Although what I notice now is that the suspension at 80k has started to become clunky. I do have an extended warranty so I will take the car in to have everything changed.

The car seeing that it's very low does not absorb shocks very well. I hope they make a smoother ride in the next release.

How do I like the car? I like owning an EV. I've done 650km in one day. Have done Montreal and back many times. With that being said, I will definitely be trading in for a Chevy bolt or the new ioniq with the 39kw battery which in based on my estimate should get from 350-390km in the summer and 180-220 in the winter.

And it had app support which is very important for ev cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190512_082352_1557666485955.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	29446  
bluecar1, ds093, evioniq and 3 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-05-19, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
moved to members long term reviews

great write up

good points and niggles included

how long are you looking at keeping your Ioniq?

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 13-05-19, 10:11 AM

Garage
Thanks for the brief review. It's much appreciated. I'm at 40k after about 14 months. Good to see an IONIQ with higher mileage and that it's still performing perfectly. Btw, out of interest, how much of your charging is at Fast Chargers vs L2 chargers. Have you noticed any battery degradation yet?
bluecar1 likes this.

Ou Boet
Langley, BC Canada
2018 IONIQ EV SE (with CCP) in Marina Blue
(Since 16 Feb 2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 30-05-19, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideshare View Post
Hello everyone. So I've had the ioniq for a year about two weeks now and here is my review.

I drive for Uber in Ottawa and this is my first electric car. The car has given me zero trouble expect for the blower motor needing to be replaced at around 50k due to a defect.

When it was -40 for the whole month in January, I got 130km. This definitely made me dislike the car and made me wish I went with the leaf. But it is what it is.

The car is very comfortable. I am 5'11 which is g my fault and I'm 350 pounds which is my fault. I do around 4-5 hour shifts twice a day and the car seats are pretty good. Wish I went up a trim to get lumber support thought but oo well next time.

Top speed is 180kmph tested. Very strudy car. Although what I notice now is that the suspension at 80k has started to become clunky. I do have an extended warranty so I will take the car in to have everything changed.

The car seeing that it's very low does not absorb shocks very well. I hope they make a smoother ride in the next release.

How do I like the car? I like owning an EV. I've done 650km in one day. Have done Montreal and back many times. With that being said, I will definitely be trading in for a Chevy bolt or the new ioniq with the 39kw battery which in based on my estimate should get from 350-390km in the summer and 180-220 in the winter.

I wonder if they have aftermarket shocks that would help the rear absorb bumps better, it could need softer shocks or softer spring rates, but not sure as the battery weighs quite a bit in the rear of the vehicle.

For example look at this video:

Last edited by evioniq; 30-05-19 at 02:24 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 31-05-19, 02:39 AM

Garage
Springs and shock absorbers need to be matched for optimum performance

Ioniq HEV Premium white. BRABUS smart forfour turbo black.Porsche 924S Guards Red(what else could it be?), Smart ForFour 1.3 AMT silver, Vindicator Vulcan V8 black, Sinclair C5 off white(and the whole vehicle really is off)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-19, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
moved to members long term reviews

great write up

good points and niggles included

how long are you looking at keeping your Ioniq?
Thanks for moving it. I think I might hold on to it until we see the new 2020 ioniq. I like the ioniq as a car.
bluecar1 likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-19, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ou Boet View Post
Thanks for the brief review. It's much appreciated. I'm at 40k after about 14 months. Good to see an IONIQ with higher mileage and that it's still performing perfectly. Btw, out of interest, how much of your charging is at Fast Chargers vs L2 chargers. Have you noticed any battery degradation yet?
In the winter when it was -40C for a month I fast chargerd maybe 5 times a week. There were times were I had to do twice a day. Now back to summer I'm getting 264 when fully charged to 100 in the morning so I haven't seen any degradation.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-19, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evioniq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideshare View Post

I wonder if they have aftermarket shocks that would help the rear absorb bumps better, it could need softer shocks or softer spring rates, but not sure as the battery weighs quite a bit in the rear of the vehicle.

For example look at this video:
I'd really be interested in that. Something more comfortable for myself and the passengers. On rough roads it's very harsh.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-19, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coverman View Post
Springs and shock absorbers need to be matched for optimum performance
Any recommendations?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-19, 03:01 AM

Garage
For road use use, rather than track of course, I like Bilstein B14 s on my other cars, but I don't know if they are available for the Ioniq.

Ioniq HEV Premium white. BRABUS smart forfour turbo black.Porsche 924S Guards Red(what else could it be?), Smart ForFour 1.3 AMT silver, Vindicator Vulcan V8 black, Sinclair C5 off white(and the whole vehicle really is off)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page