What happened to the Ioniq - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-19, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
What happened to the Ioniq

I no longer see Ioniq commercials on television, nor do I see Ioniq's even advertised along with the rest of Hyundai products. What the heck is going on?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-19, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
selling itself, so why spend the ad dollars

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-19, 03:28 PM

Garage
https://www.hyundai.com/worldwide/en...r/all-vehicles
Try the link above... at least it is still on the websites

2017 PHEV. Offsetting my RX-8 use with my marina blue IONIQ Plugin hybrid!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-19, 04:17 PM

Don't think I've ever seen an advert for an Ioniq. Come to think of it, I can't remember how I came to know of its existence. Glad I did though.
Jonboy likes this.

Hybrid Premium in Lave Orange, arriving in May (or maybe not)
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-19, 07:33 PM

Never saw an advert for the Ioniq. First I knew of it was when my wife said, "I like that car over there," when I was busy getting comfy in a Seat Ateca diesel SUV.
The franchise we were in had Seat and Hyundai vehicles in the same showroom. The rest as they say, is history.

Last edited by Hybrid_59; 06-03-19 at 07:35 PM.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-19, 10:33 PM

It's all a function of where Hyundai wants to spend their advertising money. Typically auto makers put most of their advertising funds into the high volume vehicles that appeal to the mass market. They use that as brand awareness to bring people in and some of them learn of the other vehicles such as the Ioniq. Occasionally they will throw a little money into the lower volume vehicle to give it an awareness kick then see where that goes. But won't continually advertise the low volume cars, they need to get those high volume ones moving.

In the USA we have seen this behavior from all auto makers. Toyota did some hard splashing of the Prius a year ago, now very little to none. Honda did the same on their hybrid. Kia did some SuperBowl expensive ads to kick off the Niro then no more. The list goes on and on. This is how the auto industry works as well as many other consumer product arenas.

2018 Hybrid Limited with Ultimate tech package
Gray exterior & Beige Interior
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-19, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
here in the UK we had a short run or advertising for the Ioniq when it first came out in 2016, but nothing since then

they have never had an issue selling more than they could supply so I suppose they don't need to spend any money in their eyes, its doing well enough without advertising

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-19, 02:41 AM

Garage
I seen a lot of ioniqs on the Stand up for cancer adverts Stand Up To Cancer Drive the Rebellion | Hyundai UK if in the uk you may have seen them before and after some tv shows.

Me, my Wife and the Kids.... Loving the Ioniq.....

Warrington UK
Ioniq Premium Hybrid Phantom Black 2019 model
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-19, 03:40 AM

In my country, it is the 7th best selling car so far this year, and it is constantly being advertised. 8/10 are electric. I see them everywhere, all the time. It is a super mainstream car, quite simply.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-19, 04:23 AM

Garage
And which country is that?
zladuric likes this.

Ioniq HEV Premium white. BRABUS smart forfour turbo black.Porsche 924S Guards Red(what else could it be?), Smart ForFour 1.3 AMT silver, Vindicator Vulcan V8 black, Sinclair C5 off white(and the whole vehicle really is off)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page