What happened to the Ioniq - Page 2 - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-19, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcF View Post
Don't think I've ever seen an advert for an Ioniq. Come to think of it, I can't remember how I came to know of its existence. Glad I did though.
Went into my Hyundai dealer thinking of buying an i40 and saw that they had a HEV Ioniq. Looked at that and realised how good it was, then bought a PHEV a couple of months later when I had issues with my 7+ years old Megane.
MarcF likes this.

2019 Phantom Black PHEV Premium SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-19, 06:31 AM

Garage
@Hrud please fill in your location information in the User CP (under the Edit Your Details section). You mentioned the Ioniq is the 7th best selling car in your country, but you haven't told us where you are. Please do so! It helps everybody else, whether you're seeking advice or offering it, or simply celebrating the Ioniq in your country. It really helps to know where that is.

Paul W | 2017 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Ltd 6-speed dual clutch automatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous:
2013 Desert Bronze Hyundai Elantra GL 6-spd auto (13-17)
2010 Indigo Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L GL 6-spd manual (10-13)
2008 Black Hyundai Accent GL 5-spd manual (08-10)
2001 White Kia Rio 5-spd manual (05-08)
1996 Royal Blue (purple) Hyundai Accent GLS 4-spd auto (01-05)
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-19, 06:36 AM

Garage
I can honestly say I've never seen the Ioniq advertised anywhere, except on my dealer's website.

I went on there to initially price out a new Elantra or something similar, but then I discovered the Ioniq. I can't be 100% certain, but I think I may have seen an Ioniq on the road just a week or so before that. I had always wanted to get a liftback version of the Accent or the Elantra, but those weren't available when I bought either my last Accent or Elantra, but I'm pretty sure I saw a liftback Hyundai on the road just a week or so before I went to price out a new Elantra, and can only conclude that I must have seen an Ioniq.

Paul W | 2017 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Ltd 6-speed dual clutch automatic

Previous:
2013 Desert Bronze Hyundai Elantra GL 6-spd auto (13-17)
2010 Indigo Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L GL 6-spd manual (10-13)
2008 Black Hyundai Accent GL 5-spd manual (08-10)
2001 White Kia Rio 5-spd manual (05-08)
1996 Royal Blue (purple) Hyundai Accent GLS 4-spd auto (01-05)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-19, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds093 View Post
@Hrud please fill in your location information in the User CP (under the Edit Your Details section). You mentioned the Ioniq is the 7th best selling car in your country, but you haven't told us where you are. Please do so! It helps everybody else, whether you're seeking advice or offering it, or simply celebrating the Ioniq in your country. It really helps to know where that is.
Scandinavia ...maybe Norway ?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-19, 06:45 AM

Location: Southampton, darn sarf of the UK, where you get your feet wet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
here in the UK we had a short run or advertising for the Ioniq when it first came out in 2016, but nothing since then

they have never had an issue selling more than they could supply so I suppose they don't need to spend any money in their eyes, its doing well enough without advertising
There is a generic Hyundai UK advert which features the Ioniq which is still current.
But I agree, why advertise when you can't get `em fast enough?
bluecar1 likes this.

Simon Evans
2018 Pearl White PHEV
gone is the 2017 Premium SE Hybrid Black - good riddance to that corporate signwriting!
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-19, 02:07 AM

Garage
I saw an ioniq advertisement on French TV last night.

2017 PHEV. Offsetting my RX-8 use with my marina blue IONIQ Plugin hybrid!

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-19, 05:04 AM

I've never seen an advert for one. I was all set to spend 30,000 on an e-Golf, when I decided to do some last minute research on YouTube. I saw a road test on all the main EV players in a Norwegian winter, and something called the Ioniq beat the lot of them (it even pipped a Tesla to the winning post). I then saw Robert Llewellyn's enthusiastic road test on Fully Charged, and was sold. When I looked at the Ioniq, I was able to get a deal for a brand new Ioniq for 22,500. How do Hyundai do it for that price?
bluecar1 likes this.

Polar White Ioniq Premium EV 2018

Last edited by MR Scan Man; 11-03-19 at 05:07 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page