I have only seen 3 Ioniq's on Missouri roads - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-18, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

I have only seen 3 Ioniq's on Missouri roads

These things are rare on Missouri roads. It seems they are not selling well around here. In Columbia, the Hyundai dealer still has 2 2017's still setting on the lot. No 2018's in stock.

I saw an Ioniq in Osage Beach (US Government Vehicle). I saw one on highway 63 between Jefferson City and Columbia (headed towards Columbia). The first one I had seen was in Moberly, MO (parked in a driveway).

I am eager to hear from any other Missouri or midwestern driver. How many Ioniq's are you seeing on the road?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-18, 07:09 AM

In AZ I have seen 2 of them on the road, mine and another white one. Our dealer had 3 in stock. They don't even talk about them, you have to ask about them if interested or know about them.

Seems the Kia dealers have more than a handful the Niro on their lots, but its like the same deal you have to ask or know about them, they are stashed off to the side in back of all the other cars.

2018 IONIQ Blue Ceramic White HEV
2016 Tucson Grey
2012 Saratoga (Shih Tzu/Poo)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-18, 03:15 PM

It is the same here in IL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-18, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

There is one less in Illinois. I purchased mine used in Springfield.
bluecar1 likes this.

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-07-18, 06:58 PM

Here in the NYC / NJ metro area, we've only ever seen 3 besides ours. When I went to the dealer a couple weeks ago for a carwash, I saw one in motion. Maybe a test drive, or a new buyer picking up? These cars are extremely rare to say the least.

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-07-18, 07:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shumburger View Post
These cars are extremely rare to say the least.
Gives you a nice sense of exclusivity.

I know there's quite a few people in my area here on the forum, but I've seen maybe a total of 4 or 5 on the roads while out driving over the past year of ownership. Although, a friend from my church did buy a PHEV back in January, so that is another one on the streets of Ottawa.
shumburger likes this.

Paul W | 2017 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Ltd 6-speed dual clutch automatic

Previous:
2013 Desert Bronze Hyundai Elantra GL 6-spd auto (13-17)
2010 Indigo Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4L GL 6-spd manual (10-13)
2008 Black Hyundai Accent GL 5-spd manual (08-10)
2001 White Kia Rio 5-spd manual (05-08)
1996 Royal Blue (purple) Hyundai Accent GLS 4-spd auto (01-05)
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 13-07-18, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

I spotted one today in Wentzville, MO heading to St. Louis. It looked just like mine. I believe the plates were from Mississippi.

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 20-08-18, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Finally #4 on Highway 54 20 miles south of Jefferson City.

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 15-09-18, 10:21 AM

I took a 2017 in Feb '18 because they didn't have any "HV-blue" in stock. The 17 was certified preowned, had been loaner for 6 months (for Sonatas in for recall service)
Traded 2017 for same HV-Blue, White 2018 end of May. (I had added 4k miles to the 8200 as purchased). Combined price was close to MSRP.
In the 3.5 months since, We have driven 10k miles including to DC, Philly, Toledo, Mackinac bridge, and several times thru central IL to NE WI. Have seen only one (1) on I-75 headed North in central Michigan.
My grandmother would have said, "As rare as hen's teeth."
I think it is a great car. Either Factory isn't shipping to US, sales people don't know what to say or the margin on HV is less than straight ICE. See hundreds of Accents, Elantras, and Sonatas every day. (Some are much older than Ioniq existence.)
Will Hyundai continue the line?
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 15-09-18, 10:33 AM

I have seen only one since I bought mine in June. I was on a trip in Michigan and the other HEV had Wisconsin plates. There are some hybrids available at dealerships in my area in New Jersey. Not sure if BEVs are even sold in NJ.

2018 Ioniq Hybrid SEL with tech pkg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page