Getting Android Auto to work with IONIQ EV Cold Climate Package (CCP) - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-18, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Getting Android Auto to work with IONIQ EV Cold Climate Package (CCP)

Does anyone use Android Auto on Ioniq Electric with CCP?

I have a Zenfone 2 with Lollipop, I installed Android Auto on my phone but nothing happen when I connect my phone to the car in the USB port.. I changed the cable once and it is still the same. I could charge my phone using that USB port so I assume the cable is working? I guess I could test it with other cables again.

I set the car to receive Android Auto already. and each time, I started Android Auto on my phone before I connect it to the car.

Ioniq electric 2018 SE CCP (Cold Climate Package, basic model with heated rear seats, heat pump and battery temperature management system.)

Last edited by knutsp; 07-03-18 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Corrected the acronym and spelled it out, for clarity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-18, 04:41 PM

Garage
i have no clue what CCP is...

Red Dwarf - Delivered 30.November 2017 - Norway.
IoniQ EV - Phoenix Orange - LedBar and Tint.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-18, 04:59 PM

Which USB port you connect your phone to? It must be front USB port, not the one inside the arm rest compartment. On your phone Android Auto App look at the "Connected cars" setting and see whether the Hyundai is there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-18, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkraft View Post
I think it's Cold Climate Package.

2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate (HEV)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-18, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkraft View Post
Yes, sorry, I should know that not all countries have Cold Climate Package. It is a basic model with Heated rear seats, Heat Pump and Battery temperature management system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc8888 View Post
Which USB port you connect your phone to? It must be front USB port, not the one inside the arm rest compartment. On your phone Android Auto App look at the "Connected cars" setting and see whether the Hyundai is there.
I guess I will try with different cables. In my phone, I didn't see any "Connected cars" 8(. And I connected to the front USB port.

Ioniq electric 2018 SE CCP (Cold Climate Package, basic model with heated rear seats, heat pump and battery temperature management system.)
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-18, 06:01 PM

Have you enabled Android Auto on vehicle? I think AA is not enabled by default.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-18, 10:53 PM

Had a similar problem with wife's Note 5....needed the right cable or it wouldn't access aa properly
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 21-03-18, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

I still couldn't get Android Auto to work. When my phone is not connected, should the Android Auto icon in my car grey out (disable)?

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 21-03-18, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
can you get a usb stick to be seen and play music from it? that will confirm if there is data connection,

if there is no data connection then back to dealer

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 24-03-18, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
can you get a usb stick to be seen and play music from it? that will confirm if there is data connection,

if there is no data connection then back to dealer
Thanks! I will try that later!

But my wife iphone could connect to the car... 8(

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in