Getting Android Auto to work with IONIQ EV Cold Climate Package (CCP) - Page 2 - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 24-03-18, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
can you get a usb stick to be seen and play music from it? that will confirm if there is data connection,

if there is no data connection then back to dealer
Tested, music from usb work... I guess I have my excuses to get a new phone!

Ioniq electric 2018 SE CCP (Cold Climate Package, basic model with heated rear seats, heat pump and battery temperature management system.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 27-03-18, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
Tested, music from usb work... I guess I have my excuses to get a new phone! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/IoniqForum/smilies/tango_face_plain.png[/IMG]
Have you tried turning on USB Debugging? It's in the developer settings. Fixed my issues with connecting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 30-03-18, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanofsteel View Post
Have you tried turning on USB Debugging? It's in the developer settings. Fixed my issues with connecting.
Thanks for the advice! With developer mode and usb debug turned on, finally it worked! I could use Waze too!

But when I try to change destination, the display didn't get updated correctly.. . I guess I still have my excuse to buy a new phone....

Plus keeping developer mode turned on seems silly and dangerous just for making a semi working android Auto to work..

Ioniq electric 2018 SE CCP (Cold Climate Package, basic model with heated rear seats, heat pump and battery temperature management system.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-04-18, 05:28 PM

Garage
I use Android Auto everyday. I have an LG V30 which is a flagship phone (definitely better than iPhone X). I use the original cable or a high quality replacement. I had to check several cables before I found one that works fairly well. I still have problems with maps not coming on sometimes with one of the cables that works. I think it may have to do with grounding, because as soon as I wiggle the cable connector into the USB of the car, it works. I would ask your dealer to take a look at it, or change the port on next service visit. I forgot to ask during my last oil change.
GameBoy likes this.

I have a white Ioniq HEV Limited Purchased on August 27 2017
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-18, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruware View Post
I use Android Auto everyday. I have an LG V30 which is a flagship phone (definitely better than iPhone X). I use the original cable or a high quality replacement. I had to check several cables before I found one that works fairly well. I still have problems with maps not coming on sometimes with one of the cables that works. I think it may have to do with grounding, because as soon as I wiggle the cable connector into the USB of the car, it works. I would ask your dealer to take a look at it, or change the port on next service visit. I forgot to ask during my last oil change.
Thanks for sharing the info. Mine was a flagship phone 2+ years ago but the OS stays in 5.0. They did release a 6.0 version but they roll it back because it is not stable. I will test again and try to make sure the cable isn't move and see what happen. But I am betting on my phone rather than anything else.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-18, 10:32 AM

With your phone, download & install Android Auto 2.9.5749 from here.

Then:
  1. Launch the Android Auto application on your smartphone
  2. Tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top left corner
  3. Select the About option
  4. Tap repeatedly on the About Android Auto portion of the heading (about 8 times) until a pop-up states that Developer settings is enabled
  5. To locate the Developer settings, select the multi-dot menu button in the top right corner
  6. Tap on Developer settings
Remember to allow everything on Android Auto on your phone screen.

Good luck.

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 24-05-19, 08:03 AM

I found the same issue, and found my cover the phone was in was stopping the USB from fully engaging, I cut the hole a bit bigger now dont have any issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page