Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

Change mph to kmh

47K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  BD99 
#1 ·
Does anyone out there know how to change the digital display from mph to kmh?

#2 ·
Yes.......as far as I am aware you cannot.:crying:
Though I'm not sure what you mean by "digital" display. Certainly the speedo is fixed as MPH or KPH according to country and the small digital figures under the centre of the dial will read the opposite to the main display and these cannot be changed. There is also the option of a larger digital readout on the information section to the right of the speedo. I'm not sue if that can be changed.

#3 ·
In my other vehicles I read the digital number for how fast I am going in kmph. I never look at the dial ( not sure what it is called). In the Ioniq the dial is in kmh and the digital display is in mph. I want them both to be in kmph. Unless I drive to the USA I don't need to know the mph.
I hope there is a way to change it. Haven't found one yet.

#9 ·
That can NOT be changed. if the dial is KPH the digital will be in MPH, and if the dial is MPH the digital will be KPH. I'm in USA and I want them to be both MPH, unfortunately it can't be.

#5 · (Edited)
It can't be changed in UK, there is a Km/h digital display in middle of speedometer, a digital mph selectable on right of speedometer display.
As an alternative you can use android auto with Waze to display speed on multimedia display in either Km/h or mph

Another alternative is a android mobile phone app "GPS Speedometer and odometer" by cool niks

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
I think that as your main "speedo" display is in Kph the ancillary digital display (to the right of the main speedo display)that you can select, by using the left hand of the 2 right hand toggles on the right of the steering wheel and then the up/down toggle switch underneath, to display Kph in large digital numbers.

#8 ·
On Canadian vehicles, the only units capable of being changed are the Fuel Economy units, and those can only be switched between L/100 km and km/L. No other option for those units and no options for any other units on the car, unfortunately.

#11 ·
Of course. Metric has always been known for it's precision. It's the reason why medicine has used metric for so long.

My mum's dad, who sadly passed away when I was about a year old so I never knew him, had been a pharmacist in New England in the 1930s and 40s and served the US in WWII in that capacity and he always praised the metric system for its precision.

#13 ·
Does anyone know how to change Celsius to Fahrenheit and back?
It should be somewhere in the car settings. On the screen to the right that you control with the steering wheel, go to user settings, go to other, then go to temperature unit and select there. Switching to Fahrenheit will change all the outside indicator and Auto A/C to Fahrenheit.

Check 3-97 is you user manual for more information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.