UK Taxation Class - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-18, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Question UK Taxation Class

My beloved PHEV is nearly a year old. My documents state the taxation class as NHSV. That meant nothing to me until I started to renew online and it was expanded to read "National Health Service Vehicle". Other than as a customer I have no connection with the NHS and anyway I have been retired for years. My dealer insists that that is what they have been told to do & if I contact the DVLA they will confirm that. (It does state NHSV) on the log book.

It does seem odd to me and by now surely a few PHEV's were on the road before me and I am wondering what their experience is? @BDG must have been there I think? Or if anyone else cares to examine their Registration Certificate.

August 17 Silver PHEV Premium SE

MPG = 126.13 L/100km 2.24 *Hybrid Equivalent MPG = 83.6 L/100km 3.38

*Hybrid Equivalent, costing the electricity, converting it to petrol and adding it in.

Last edited by David H; 07-08-18 at 11:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-18, 02:53 PM
BDG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David H View Post
My beloved PHEV is nearly a year old. My documents state the taxation class as NHSV. That meant nothing to me until I started to renew online and it was expanded to read "National Health Service Vehicle". Other than as a customer I have no connection with the NHS and anyway I have been retired for years. My dealer insists that that is what they have been told to do & if I contact the DVLA they will confirm that. (It does state NHSV) on the log book.

It does seem odd to me and by now surely a few PHEV's were on the road before me and I am wondering what their experience is? @BDG must have been there I think? Or if anyone else cares to examine their Registration Certificate.
Mine says "ALTERNATIVE FUEL CAR" it was registered 27/07/2017, and I parted with my £130 Vehicle Excise Duty on 1st july 2018

St Austell, Cornwall, UK
PHEV Premium Marina Blue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BDG; 07-08-18 at 02:59 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-18, 02:19 AM

just checked mine "alternative fuel vehicle"

tony leckenby
warrington uk
2017 prem se plug in (that lovely blue color)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-18, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, therefore as I suspected, despite their protestations, my dealer got the initial registration wrong.
bluecar1, SEvans and maxima like this.

*Hybrid Equivalent, costing the electricity, converting it to petrol and adding it in.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-18, 07:28 AM

Location: Southampton, darn sarf of the UK, where you get your feet wet.
`Alternative Fuel Vehicle` here too...

Simon Evans
2018 Pearl White PHEV
gone is the 2017 Premium SE Hybrid Black - good riddance to that corporate signwriting!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-18, 09:01 AM

Garage
Is your car white? Does ithave a blue flashing roof light, and a stretcher in the boot?
bluecar1 and Westkent like this.

Ioniq HEV Premium white. BRABUS smart forfour turbo black.Porsche 924S Guards Red(what else could it be?), Smart ForFour 1.3 AMT silver, Vindicator Vulcan V8 black, Sinclair C5 off white(and the whole vehicle really is off)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-18, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
you will need to contact DVLA to get it changed

see https://assets.publishing.service.go...ax-classes.pdf

bottom right last page

Quote:
17 National Health Service Vehicles All Health Authority and NHS trust vehicles with the exception of ambulances are taxed in the “National Health Service Vehicle” tax class.
someone got it wrong when it was registered

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-18, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

It is an expensive business being honest. £130 pa and continuing. When I suggested the same to the DVLA lady and said it sounds like a good scam she laughed and said I don't know how you got that tax class.

Clearly @SEvans , Southampton is more efficient than Guildford.

Additional paperwork now done and ready to send to Swansea. Looking at the form and seeing 1580cc reminded me of my first car a Riley 1.5 over fifty years ago. What goes around comes around.
bluecar1 likes this.

Last edited by David H; 08-08-18 at 03:18 PM. Reason: line spacing
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-18, 03:29 PM

Garage
The Riley 1.5 was 1489cc. I learned to drive in one.
bluecar1 likes this.

Ioniq HEV Premium white. BRABUS smart forfour turbo black.Porsche 924S Guards Red(what else could it be?), Smart ForFour 1.3 AMT silver, Vindicator Vulcan V8 black, Sinclair C5 off white(and the whole vehicle really is off)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 15-01-19, 02:18 PM

My second hand Premium SE registered on the 29th Mar 17 has zero road tax and the next car had the £130 slapped on it..Bands changed 1st Apr 17. First the Gov wants to keep going greener and then taxes it afterwards..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in