Service time - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 15-05-19, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Service time

Taken my car in for it's first service today and left it overnight. Will be picking it up tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully the maps will be updated and the software too. Been given an i10. Don't let anyone tell you that the Ioniq doesn't accelerate quick. It's certainly quicker than that courtesy car! But I suppose, second rate transport's better than first class walking. 😂 😂

2018 PHEV Premium SE in Marina Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 19-05-19, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Doesn't look like any updates to me even thou' they had it 24hrs. Disconnected the dashcam and left it discontinued also some light scratches on the piano black in front of gear lever. Not very happy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190518_105620_1558253122804.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	29482  

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 19-05-19, 05:09 AM

Location: Southampton, darn sarf of the UK, where you get your feet wet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betamax_man View Post
Doesn't look like any updates to me even thou' they had it 24hrs. Disconnected the dashcam and left it discontinued also some light scratches on the piano black in front of gear lever. Not very happy.

Firmware is only updated on request. And should be added to the worksheet.
For some reason dealers are not notified of firmware upgrades.

Did you actually ask for firmware to be looked at?
https://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/570...mware-hev.html

Simon Evans
2018 Pearl White PHEV
gone is the 2017 Premium SE Hybrid Black - good riddance to that corporate signwriting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 19-05-19, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Yes, it was asked for. The service sheet states that the software etc has been checked, also that the door locks and hinges have been lubricated. It must be a special type of lubricant that's invisible as there is no evidence of it. Overall, not too impressed.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 19-05-19, 02:45 PM

Garage
I don't see much difference visually in the lubrication of my door hinges, but my driver's door has stopped squeaking after the service. Maybe they're really clean?

2018 Hybrid Executive (Fiery Red)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 19-05-19, 02:57 PM

Quote:
MyF/W, S/W & maps were updated in March.

Mineís a BEV and the F/W & S/W is dated September and October 2018. They were both September 2017 pre-update.

Your map number is the same as mine was before update. It now starts with 11

Iíd say for sure they havenít been done

New and old pics attached
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3134.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	29492   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3161.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	29494  

2018 Ionic Electric Premium SE.
Petrol is dear, electric is cheap, solar power is really cheap!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 19-05-19, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

@PDilly I was sure it wasn't updated but forgot to take a photo before so thank you for the pictures, also no lubrication on door locks and hinges. And as the engine hadn't done much work, only filled the petrol tank four times in 8400 miles, the oil still looked clean, did they change that? Makes me think 'what am I paying for?'. Will be calling them tomorrow to complain. Next year will probably go to a different dealer unless it's sorted.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 19-05-19, 10:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Yes, it was asked for. The service sheet states that the software etc has been checked, also that the door locks and hinges have been lubricated. It must be a special type of lubricant that's invisible as there is no evidence of it. Overall, not too impressed.
Over the years I have rarely been impressed with dealer service. I have only had my vehicles in for free oil/filter changes and warranty work, but usually I have to go over the vehicle with a service tech after I get the vehicle back because they did not do something correct or left out something I wanted them to check. I did have a good experience once with a local Nissan dealer when I took in my Nissan to have a new key programed. It was new key I bought on-line and took it to them to program. They did it with no questions and charged me what they told me they would and did not mess up anything else!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 20-05-19, 04:51 AM

Location: Southampton, darn sarf of the UK, where you get your feet wet.
Quote:
@PDilly I was sure it wasn't updated but forgot to take a photo before so thank you for the pictures, also no lubrication on door locks and hinges. And as the engine hadn't done much work, only filled the petrol tank four times in 8400 miles, the oil still looked clean, did they change that? Makes me think 'what am I paying for?'. Will be calling them tomorrow to complain. Next year will probably go to a different dealer unless it's sorted.
Oil SHOULD be changed on time intervals or mileage, whichever comes first. If the car is having a 12-month service they should have changed the oil.
Did you not use some tippex or something similar to verify? Put something on the oil filter that verifies they changed that too.

Sad that you have this level of mistrust in an official Hyundai dealer.
Did you not get the point-by-point checklist (complete with oily fingerprints) that shows the work done?

Simon Evans
2018 Pearl White PHEV
gone is the 2017 Premium SE Hybrid Black - good riddance to that corporate signwriting!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 20-05-19, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

@SEvans Yes I did get the check sheet, no oily fingerprints though. I've contacted the service manager and he said he will look into it. I have attached a redacted version of the service sheet. One thing he did say is that it is company policy to disconnect dashcams and not to reconnect them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Redacted Service Sheet.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	29498  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page