Mounted LED-Bar, (Hella SingelTwin 470) - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 5Likes
  • 3 Post By Xkraft
  • 2 Post By Xkraft

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-17, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Lightbulb Mounted LED-Bar, (Hella SingelTwin 470)

Backstory is, Ioniq is a superb car, but i never liked the Halogen high-beam lights.

And, Norway have some wierd rules about this kind of light, one singel light is not alowed, making all ledbars illegal........

Hella has come with this ledbar, witch have 2 separate E-makings, 2 separate power cords, 2 separate light-index'es.
Even tho its one bar, by law, it shall be seen as two/pair.

I ordered:
- SingelTwin bar
- Numberplate holder
- Wieringharnes/rele

Install went ok, in a perfect world id know whats behind the numberplate, if i can drill a hole or not, making the cable "invisibe".
But for now the cable is going down into the air-innlet and further down not to interupt the airflow and active? air-vents.
Routed the cable up and around to the battery, cip-tied.
Fiddels around with the rele and ended up cip-tie'ing that to. not a permanent placement.
Hooked the controllcurrent to the high-beams and voila.

Result is, a Ledbar i dont realy notice when turning on the high-beam, as a led-bar, its just more and longer light.
But the light in front of car is great, colour (Kelvin) is the same as the cars led, and the ledbar is just extending the reach, drowning the yellow light of the halogen completly.

So far realy pleased with it. 18+18W is not alot of light, but it gives the car what the factory lights shold have been, and more.
For the price you can get like 10 times as mutch lux, but, that was not the point i wanted.
Better light, with a legal and not to ugly solution.
Install is completly reversable, no mods to car.

Dealer gave me a prize of 10.000nok (1200 dollar).
Doing it myself with a black-friday-deal. 5400nok (650 dollar)...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171208_170112_x.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	16434   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171208_152959_x.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	16442  
Peter, SEvans and evioniq like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-17, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
does not look to bad in daylight ether i think.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ledbar_x.jpg
Views:	867
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	16458  
SEvans and evioniq like this.
Old 09-12-17, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
so now all we need it night time shots showing how far the light goes with and without the light bar on

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-17, 08:26 AM

Garage
Yeah looks good, it would be great to see some night shots, I also don't like the halogen high-beams.
Old 10-12-17, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I had a go at some night shots, but getting the camera to see the same as me was imposible.

Thought id just use the dSLR and sett up manual settings and take pic with and without, but the camera sees only a hotspot and leave the rest dark.

So that didnt work :P

I am also starting to wonder if this ledbar is made spesificly for norway, if it can be found for other markeds?
If its norway only its not to interresting for you guys to hear about it. :P

Had a drive tonight to and again, it workes great.
But, if someone expect 200Watt led 10.000lumen floodlights they will be disapointed. :P
Old 01-05-19, 08:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkraft View Post
Backstory is, Ioniq is a superb car, but i never liked the Halogen high-beam lights.

And, Norway have some wierd rules about this kind of light, one singel light is not alowed, making all ledbars illegal........

Hella has come with this ledbar, witch have 2 separate E-makings, 2 separate power cords, 2 separate light-index'es.
Even tho its one bar, by law, it shall be seen as two/pair.

I ordered:
- SingelTwin bar
- Numberplate holder
- Wieringharnes/rele

Install went ok, in a perfect world id know whats behind the numberplate, if i can drill a hole or not, making the cable "invisibe".
But for now the cable is going down into the air-innlet and further down not to interupt the airflow and active? air-vents.
Routed the cable up and around to the battery, cip-tied.
Fiddels around with the rele and ended up cip-tie'ing that to. not a permanent placement.
Hooked the controllcurrent to the high-beams and voila.

Result is, a Ledbar i dont realy notice when turning on the high-beam, as a led-bar, its just more and longer light.
But the light in front of car is great, colour (Kelvin) is the same as the cars led, and the ledbar is just extending the reach, drowning the yellow light of the halogen completly.

So far realy pleased with it. 18+18W is not alot of light, but it gives the car what the factory lights shold have been, and more.
For the price you can get like 10 times as mutch lux, but, that was not the point i wanted.
Better light, with a legal and not to ugly solution.
Install is completly reversable, no mods to car.

Dealer gave me a prize of 10.000nok (1200 dollar).
Doing it myself with a black-friday-deal. 5400nok (650 dollar)...
Hei Xkraft. I am a Brit and live in Haugesund. Please can I ask exactly how you connected your LED Bar light cables to your Ioniq? I want to do the same on my 2017 Ioniq EV but have just fitted a pair to my 2005 RAV4 which has ‘switched earth’ system for headlights and was a small nightmare to sort out. Can you give me any tips or if you have any a picture(s) of the headlight (high beam) connection? and maybe how you entered the car from the engine bay with the on/off switch would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Mvh, Peter i Haugesund

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late!!..
Old 11-05-19, 05:58 PM

Looks great on the car, I don't even notice it that much, looks like it is part of the vehicle.
Old 20-05-19, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Oh, hey Peter, sorry i havent been online for a while so havent seen it.

Since 2017 the law has been changed, now you can LEGALY use alot brighter and cheaper LEDbar.
The HellaTwin is not the only option, now Rigid and more are leagal the Hella is to expensivce.

For the connection i have no pictures or guide for that, i just messured witch wire went to 12v or 0 or what it was, and connected to that, and the other directly to fuse and battery.
Used a unused rubber grommet in the headlight and connected inside the headlight.

Sorry i cant help more on connection. (i an electrician, just messured and connected without thinking to mutch about it)

As for what i wnat to change, i want to try the LEDbar above the lisenceplate, its a little bit to close to the ground, lighting up the ground a bit before throwing longrange.
I didnt do that because its a bit close to the liedar

Red Dwarf - Delivered 30.November 2017 - Norway.
IoniQ EV - Phoenix Orange - LedBar and Tint.

Last edited by Xkraft; 20-05-19 at 03:36 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in