No Audios From Ioniq - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 2Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

No Audios From Ioniq

Hi guys,
I have had my car just under a week and loving it except one issue:

Has any one else experienced the following...

Radio, Bluetooth, Carplay and Car Chimes all look like they are working but no sound at all?

I have had it twice now in 2 days

Things I have tried so far:
  • System Isn't muted,
  • Reset the info system and it made no difference.
  • Power cycling the car doesn't fix it.
  • Powering down car, getting out locking doors, wait a mo and start again- nope.
  • Not attaching phone to car bluetooth

Funny thing is it, at the moment, self resolves, today it seems to fix after the car was plugged in and started charging, although not enough samples to know whether that was just coincidence.

It does however make the car "unusable" for me as I make a lot of calls for work and not being able to hear the other person is not great.

Car is the Ioniq EV Premium in the UK with the infinity sound system.

Last edited by MDBridges; 06-03-17 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Adding info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 11:48 PM

Welcome, MDBridges! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Ioniq.

I could have SWORN I saw this before but I cannot for the life of me find it. I'm 99% I saw it on the forum here somewhere. I Google'd it and only came up with this post regarding a similar issue on a Sonata. Unfortunately there are no responses: No sound from the speakers - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum

There are software updates as well as a recall of the media unit. It might be worth heading over to the dealership to have them check it out.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-17, 12:20 AM

@MDBridges When in doubt, RTFM, which I did for the UK version. I wish I was more familiar with Hyundai, and I will be, but not yet as I don't have my Ioniq yet. Anyway, this seems to be a common issue across many Hyundai models.

There should be a small pinhole size reset button that you can use a ballpoint pen or a paper clip with just to the right of the Power/Volume button. Push that in, hold it for a few seconds just for good measure and try again. You will probably lose your radio presets and whatnot by doing that.

Another alternative is to pull the fuse for the multimedia unit and put it back in. While doing that, ensure the fuse is not blown and in good shape and replace if necessary.

Another bit in the manual says:
Select the [SETUP] button on the
audio system ➟ Select [System].
• Memory information: View My
Music memory usage.
• Language: Change the user language.
• Default: Reset the audio system.

Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-17, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Dave I'll try that reset too and look for the little hole, although I think I already did that in software but there are so many subsystems. The reset I did, wiped favourite radio stations, eco trip information too, so presumed I found the right "reset".

I've got it booked in on the 17th March, I like being able to give reproduction conditions and I don't have any at the moment other that it happens on starting the car, not initially but after having stopped, but that's it at the moment.

I did see a similar report on a different Hyundai and have seen faulty head units on the Ioniq crop up.- Knowing my luck it is probably a loose connection somewhere! I'll keep this thread alive with results of the 17th so if anyone else has this issue they'll have a starting point.

IONIQ EV Premium

Record so far 5.5mile / kWh- cannot wait for the summer!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-17, 07:17 PM

Definitely try the pin hole first. So many others on the internet have indicated this has been the fix for them (at least on other models).
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-04-17, 05:18 PM

Garage
On the steering wheel there is a volume switch on left hand. Pressing down this switch mutes your entire audio. Has this been pressed accidentally? Press it again to restore audio.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-04-17, 04:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene Scheffers View Post
On the steering wheel there is a volume switch on left hand. Pressing down this switch mutes your entire audio. Has this been pressed accidentally? Press it again to restore audio.
I often do that when taking a sharp turn or reversing so it's a possibility

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-04-17, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunga68 View Post
I often do that when taking a sharp turn or reversing so it's a possibility
only thing I have noticed is if you mute the stereo / nav system when you turn the car off then on it clear and audio is turned back on, so I think it will be unlikely to be the cause

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 21-06-17, 03:02 PM

Did you solve the problem? I am asking because... I got the same problem today!..
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 21-06-17, 04:59 PM

Garage
As I can recall his media unit was replaced.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in