2Likes
  • 1 Post By yticolev
  • 1 Post By yticolev

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 29-05-19, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Cha

0W-20 Synthetic Oil $13.99/5qt at Advanced Auto Parts

I randomly went to AAP today and saw a big poster in front of the store

I quickly ask the cashier how is the rebate work. "It will take $15 off instantly and you only pay 13.99" She reply.

OMG!!! How many of them I can buy? Is there any limitation?

"No, sir"

OMG!!! How many of them do you have?

"You can have a look at the shelf, that's all we have."

I ended up bought all of them.

I'm feeling lucky today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0807.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	29536   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0804.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	29538   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0805.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	29540   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0806.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	29542  

2017 Hyundai ioniq hybrid SEL with tech package. Summit Grey.
Bridgeport, CT U.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 29-05-19, 06:26 PM

Great price! I've been buying Quaker State at Walmart, about $20 after rebate for five quarts. From the reading that I've done, QS is on par with Mobil One. I'll look into Pennzoil and Advanced Auto.

Let me just give you one caveat with the 5 qt bottle. My first change was at a dealer and they overfilled it, I think by a half quart, with the 5 qt bottle I gave them (with my own filter). Hasn't caused any problems that I know of and the dipstick level has not changed over 10,000 miles. They gave me back the balance of the 5 qt bottle - perhaps half quart left. Still, I'd prefer it exactly right, but the manufacturer probably has enough tolerance for the slight overfill.
Cha likes this.

2018 Kia Niro LX HEV Metal Stream - identical to Ioniq drivetrain
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 30-05-19, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Cha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post

Let me just give you one caveat with the 5 qt bottle. My first change was at a dealer and they overfilled it, I think by a half quart, with the 5 qt bottle I gave them (with my own filter). Hasn't caused any problems that I know of and the dipstick level has not changed over 10,000 miles. They gave me back the balance of the 5 qt bottle - perhaps half quart left. Still, I'd prefer it exactly right, but the manufacturer probably has enough tolerance for the slight overfill.
I always change the oil myself. Ioniq take only just a little over 4 qt, not even 4.25. I know the manual said 4.5qt, but for some reason it always take only just a little over 4qt. Maybe I didn't wait long enough to drain all the used oil, may be the car was on a slight incline, so the oil is not completely drained. I don't know.

Bridgeport, CT U.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 30-05-19, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Cha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
Great price! I've been buying Quaker State at Walmart, about $20 after rebate for five quarts. From the reading that I've done, QS is on par with Mobil One. I'll look into Pennzoil and Advanced Auto.
In my opinions, Motor oil is commodity. I don't care about the brand. It is not Apple vs Microsoft nor iPhone vs Samsung. As long as the viscosity and the grade matched what the manual called for and it is certify by the API, I'm good.

I've use so many brand so far, Harvoline, Valvoline, Amazon Basic, QS, Mobil, etc, never notice any different other than how good they design the bottle.

Bridgeport, CT U.S.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 30-05-19, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha View Post
I always change the oil myself. Ioniq take only just a little over 4 qt, not even 4.25. I know the manual said 4.5qt, but for some reason it always take only just a little over 4qt. Maybe I didn't wait long enough to drain all the used oil, may be the car was on a slight incline, so the oil is not completely drained. I don't know.
I think the 4.5 qt is dry (new) capacity. My motorcycle has a different rating for a dry sump versus an oil change. From my experience so far, 4 qts for an oil change is about right. I'd start there, drive for a day and adjust. But it is hard to do that accurately from a 5 qt container.
Cha likes this.

2018 Kia Niro LX HEV Metal Stream - identical to Ioniq drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in