Do you trust your dealership? - Page 2 - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 20-04-19, 04:46 PM

I trust my dealership wholeheartedly. I have been with them for 12 years already.
Bought my first car from them and have always stayed with them (plus it helps that I pass it daily because it's on route to work)
one of the mechanics is a friends I used to be in school with and whenever there is a maintenance or a need to fix anything I could always just talk to him in the workshop while he works on my car. (although recently they have forbidden costumers from being in the workshop after an incident, can't blame them, so I usually just chat with the boss' son who is the sale's manager.)

Current: 2018 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium
Previous: 2000 Sky Blue Hyundai Accent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 20-04-19, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricSpark View Post
I trust my dealership wholeheartedly. I have been with them for 12 years already.
Bought my first car from them and have always stayed with them (plus it helps that I pass it daily because it's on route to work)
one of the mechanics is a friends I used to be in school with and whenever there is a maintenance or a need to fix anything I could always just talk to him in the workshop while he works on my car. (although recently they have forbidden costumers from being in the workshop after an incident, can't blame them, so I usually just chat with the boss' son who is the sale's manager.)
I think you and Decro and SEvans are really on to something here. If you want a good working relationship with the service dept then you need to talk to and get to know the guys working on the car. Not an easy thing to do in this day and age. When I went to pickup my car there were about eight people sitting bored in the room waiting for their cars. The service dept must push thru a lot of cars every day. Efficient yes, but it doesn't leave a lot of time to chat with the mechanic.

There a a few professions that cause stress in my life whenever I have to deal with them. Car dealers, car mechanics, lawyers, and doctors. They all seem to involve high costs, or limited options, or imaginary fees, no transparency, or something. I always wish I knew someone in the family in each of those professions so I would have someone I could trust in each case.

2018 Plug-In Ioniq
2002 Honda Civic
1986 Plymouth Sundance
198? Dodge Omni

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-19, 04:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Fairly sure we use the same dealership from your description (and location). I didn't have a Hyundai previously, so I have a lot less experience with them (only since July last year), but so far they've been pretty good. Just had my 15000 km service last week and they even updated the software/firmware without a reminder. I do like the family-run feeling that you get there. I get the sensation that they actually want to satisfy their customers.

2018 Hybrid Executive (Fiery Red)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-19, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I just stumbled across this YouTube video where a Canadian news team goes under cover to a couple dealership service departments. It's interesting. Apparently many service advisers are paid on commission so they have an incentive to advise you to have more/unnecessary work done on your car.

2018 Plug-In Ioniq
2002 Honda Civic
1986 Plymouth Sundance
198? Dodge Omni

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-05-19, 03:28 PM

The Service Department where I bought my Ioniq from is Managed by my cousin so I pretty sure I can trust him. :-)

The Dealership itself has been around for a long time and does have a good reputation in the area.

2019 Ioniq HEV Limited Scarlet Red Pearl
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-05-19, 11:59 AM

Looking at this video, it would seem that service advisors are no better than sales people (in Canada anyway). I was not aware that service advisors work for commission.

I’m glad I do my own maintenance so I don’t have to deal with these crooks.

2019 HEV Essential (Base model in Canada), Intense Blue
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-05-19, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthSam View Post
Fairly sure we use the same dealership from your description (and location). I didn't have a Hyundai previously, so I have a lot less experience with them (only since July last year), but so far they've been pretty good. Just had my 15000 km service last week and they even updated the software/firmware without a reminder. I do like the family-run feeling that you get there. I get the sensation that they actually want to satisfy their customers.
Moyeart?

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-05-19, 07:09 PM

Garage
For what's it worth, Hyundai has good reputationin Croatia too. That was the reason I've bought a Hyundai some 12 years ago and why I'm replacing it with another Hyundai now (I'm waiting for my Ioniq HEV, should be delivered any day now).
On a closer topic, I've since moved to Germany and I have had okay experience since, nothing amazing but also nothing to complain about.

Except for the lady that sold me the car, she seems to bein love with her Ioniq and that was her real favourite when I said I might pick a Kona instead 🙂

Anybody else had experiences with German Hyundai dealerships?

Ioniq Hybrid Style - see it in
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-19, 03:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Moyeart?
The very same!

2018 Hybrid Executive (Fiery Red)
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-05-19, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthSam View Post
The very same!
I think I saw your car get posted on the dealer's facebook page.
odd how we never came across eachother over the year, even when we live in the same city (then again Kortrijk is quite big XD)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page