HSG Belt Service - Page 2 - Hyundai Ioniq Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-03-19, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
attached is my service sheet, which appears to be a pukka Hyundai doc

the online manual quotes 70,000 mile replacement for Europe under normal conditions???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gf66 30k service2.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	29064  

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-19, 03:26 PM

Bluecar1
I tried to attach my sheet but get message - file too large.
Your sheet is different from mine. It is headed for Ioniq whilst mine is for Yearly/10K mile petrol although it has the HEV/PHEV specific items.
Both appear genuine products.
It seems Hyundai UK has issued two different service schedules!

2019 Polar White HEV Premium,
previously 2017 Polar White HEV SE
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 13-03-19, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decro View Post
According to the "tick sheet" I received from my dealer(UK) after my last service the belt should be changed at 60K miles. Seems dealers are possibly doing their own thing disregarding the service schedule which could potentially cause warranty issues....
I'd love to hear the dealers explanation for denying a warranty claim to a customer after following their own service recommendations.

2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate (HEV)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 23-03-19, 01:34 PM

Does anyone know if not having the HSG belt checked at the dealer voids the warranty? It’s on the checklist with oil changes and I’d like to get it done elsewhere.

2019 HEV Blue
Ceramic White/Charcoal Black interior
Missouri USA
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 23-03-19, 04:17 PM
Cha

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperIoniq View Post
Does anyone know if not having the HSG belt checked at the dealer voids the warranty? Itís on the checklist with oil changes and Iíd like to get it done elsewhere.
I would say yes, If something wrong that could be related to the HSG belt and it major. Hyundai might say you did not inspect your HSG belt and that is causing the damaged.

Solution, Have the mechanic who change your oil inspect the HSG belt.

2017 Hyundai ioniq hybrid SEL with tech package. Summit Grey.
Bridgeport, CT U.S.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 16-04-19, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperIoniq View Post
Does anyone know if not having the HSG belt checked at the dealer voids the warranty? Itís on the checklist with oil changes and Iíd like to get it done elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha View Post
I would say yes, If something wrong that could be related to the HSG belt and it major. Hyundai might say you did not inspect your HSG belt and that is causing the damaged.

Solution, Have the mechanic who change your oil inspect the HSG belt.
The HSG is both the starter and the alternator for this vehicle. If the belt breaks, the ICE won't start, and you can't charge the batteries...I can't see any reason why Hyundai would void the warranty for not having the belt checked.

Anyway, back on topic...I'm in the "factory manual" at the Hyundai tech site, trying to print out all the maint. info I can during the short duration of my subscription (and I remember when that site used to be free...), and I can't find anything about changing the HSG belt. They tell you the location of the components of the HSG system, and how to take them out and put them back in, but I don't see where they detail the belt change. Oh, never mind, found it--Engine Mechanical System/Timing System/Drive Belt.

Says you need a special tool to compress the hydraulic tensioner, P/N 09244-G2100, costs $161.27.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 16-04-19, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
its not a timing belt, as it is a standard ridged belt, not a toothed belt like a cam belt

it seems to run the HSG, and possibly water pump, no connection to cam shafts etc

2016 Marina Blue Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Premium 6-speed dual clutch automatic
Location Kent, UK

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 16-04-19, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
its not a timing belt, as it is a standard ridged belt, not a toothed belt like a cam belt

it seems to run the HSG, and possibly water pump, no connection to cam shafts etc
I'm not saying it's a/the timing belt (I believe this engine has a chain), I'm simply stating where the HSG belt change instructions can be found in the Hyundai online manual, in case anyone besides me is looking for it in the future.
bluecar1 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Ioniq Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page